This 3-INGREDIENT Salsa Lime Chicken is a fantastic way to prepare seasoned chicken for pretty much anything! Use the Salsa Lime Chicken in tacos, over a bed of greens as a salad, or in rice or quinoa bowls. The possibilities are endless as long as you have a slower cooker or pressure cooker and these ridiculously simple instructions!
Well, I'm finally back at it. I am finally completely moved in to my new kitchen, and a new kitchen means new recipes! It's been so much fun cooking in my new space. There is so much more room to spread out and make new messes. At least now the messes aren't moving boxes and bubble wrap!
FACT: Selling two homes and consolidating into one home all at the same time is a crazy feat. So.... the past few months been reeeeeally tricky.
ANOTHER FACT: It's been hard to find healthy meals when we've been living out of cardboard boxes and found ourselves low on time, energy, and supplies.
That's when this Salsa Lime Chicken has consistently jumped in and has never gone away. We can't get enough of it and it's infinite possibilities!
This Salsa Lime Chicken recipe has been our saving grace. It's great served warm in:
- Hard and soft tacos
- Burrito Bowls
- Spaghetti squash bakes
- Brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash bowls
The Salsa Lime Chicken is also great served cold by the forkfull or in:
- Taco salad bowls
- Lettuce wraps
- Sandwiches and tortilla wraps
Our Salsa Lime Chicken is one of our favorite weeknight recipes because:
- It's stupid simple: Just dump and go.
- It's ready in under 30 minutes in your pressure cooker.
- It's healthy and gluten-free and low carb and high protein and low calorie and keto-friendly and paleo! Phew! Obviously one of the ingredients is salsa. As my personal trainer says... "Use salsa instead of salad dressings and marinades.... it has way less bad stuff in it like sugar!"
- You can use fresh or frozen chicken. Your pick.
- It makes your home smell like a million bucks! Just place the ingredients in your slow cooker and let the chicken slowly simmer to shredded perfection.
- It's easily storable: Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days OR freeze it. The Salsa Lime Chicken holds up great frozen for months!
- You can make it in large batches: Great for large families, sizable appetites, big parties, or for MEAL PREPPING extravaganzas!
- Did I mention -------> Just 3 ingredients!!!!
If it sounds like I am bragging about how good this Salsa Lime Chicken recipe is...... it's because I am. It's SO delicious and easy to make. It's so easy to make I wanted to create a quick little video to go with this recipe to prove to anyone who may still be in doubt as to whether they should commit to this amazing dish.
Even my pup couldn't stand being out of sights of the Salsa Lime Chicken so she makes a cameo in the kitchen background throughout. So enjoy the puppy cameo, the quick little video, and this delicious Salsa Lime Chicken recipe.
Salsa Lime Chicken plays well with others. Here are some suggested side pairings:
- Easy Mexican Chopped Corn Salad (So easy!)
- Gluten-Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Cupcakes (You won't believe that they're GF!)
- Chipotle-Lime Radish Salad (Another go-to all Summer long)
- Corn + Tomato Picnic Salad (Perfect for those warm days!)
- Spicy Cucumber Salad (So quick!)
- Garlic Cilantro Lime Rice (Yes please.)
- Holy Guacamole (THE best)
- Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn (Go get that grill goin'!)
- 1 jar Salsa, gluten-free
- 1-2 pounds Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 1-2 limes, 1 sliced, 1 zested
- Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of your pressure cooker or your slower cooker.
- Pour the jar of salsa overtop of the chicken breasts.
Pressure Cooker Version:
- Follow your pressure cooker instructions for fresh "chicken" as pressure cookers do vary (usually between 10-20 minutes of cooking). (I haven't had to place any extra liquid in my pressure cooker for this recipe!) Once your pressure cooker is done cooking, gently pull apart the chicken breasts with a fork and stir to recombine the chicken with the delicious salsa liquids. Squeeze a generous amount of fresh lime juice over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh lime zest.
Slow Cooker Version:
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for about 4 hours. Gently pull apart the chicken breasts with a fork if the chicken hasn't fallen apart on it's own already and stir to recombine the chicken with the delicious salsa liquids. Squeeze a generous amount of fresh lime juice over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh lime zest.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 24g