Happy Memorial Day y’all! What a fun holiday weekend so far! Hubby and I have been enjoying days of lounging, boating, and catcthing up on sleep. A much needed long weekend.
With a weekend of fun times, comes quick and easy meals so you don’t have to take time away from all the fun. That’s why these spicy taco lettuce wraps were a part of our weekend plans. If your looking for a simple and hubby-approved meal in just minutes, look no further.
I’m keeping this post short and sweet as the Hubs and I are getting ready to get our butts back out on the boat.
Fresh ingredients will make all the difference in the world with these tacos y’all. And making your own taco seasoning is a winner too. It’s tastier, it’s more budget-friendly, it’s all familiar ingredients that are most likely all ready in your pantry!
Gluten-Free Spicy Taco Lettuce Wraps:
- Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce
- 5 chicken breasts cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- slices lime for garnish
- shredded cheese for topping
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the chicken breasts with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and pepper slices and allow to cook until they slightly soften (3-5 minutes).
- Add in the water and taco seasoning and allow the liquids to thicken (3-5 minutes).
- Place the taco mixture into lettuce leaves like a taco shell. Top with tomatoes and cheese and drizzle with lime juice.
We like to use romaine lettuce leaves for our lettuce wraps. They are large enough for all the fixin’s and they wouldn’t break and fall apart like some other lettuces.
Don’t forget to link up with The Soiree linky party and then join me in partying with these lovelies!