I hope that everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July holiday this past weekend. We had family in town and went out on a friend’s boat to watch fireworks. There was of course, lots of good food, refreshing drinks, and plenty of laughs. But man….I’m tired.
On Friday night, we had some friends over for a night of grilling and outdoor games. We grilled chicken breasts, had a baked potato bar, and I made this very popular Spicy Cucumber Salad. After 2 (and a half) glasses of wine, I promised some of he party-goers that I would share the recipe on Monday.
So here it is…. a light, refreshing, and tangy Spicy Cucumber Salad…..
I decided to make this salad a little bit festive for our party, by spiralizing the cucumber instead of slicing the cucumbers. I use this veggie spiralizer and love it.
This cucumber salad would be a wonderful recipe for those who don’t like spicy foods as well. Just don’t add the peppers. You still have one great cucumber salad in front of ya!
Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers sliced and the quartered (or spiralized)
- 2 jalapeños de-seeded and diced (or serrano peppers)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sugar snap peas cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 bell pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- slices almond as garnish
- Whisk together the vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine all other ingredients (except almond slices) in a large bowl.
- Toss the veggie mix with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator. Once ready to serve, sprinkle with almond slices and enjoy it messy!