Sesame ginger chicken chopped salad is a healthy and easy meal prep recipe that the whole family will love. Sesame ginger marinated chicken breast is mixed with fresh chopped vegetables all topped with sesame seeds and homemade sesame ginger dressing.
You can use grilled chicken, shredded chicken, whatever type of chicken breast meat is easiest. Leftover chicken from the night before's chicken recipe is perfect too.
Most weeks I make up a giant slow cooker full of juicy shredded chicken breast meat and a lot of it goes into meal prep bowls like this sesame ginger chicken chopped salad recipe.
The chicken is marinaded in a homemade sesame ginger sauce and the salad dressing is also a combination of the sesame ginger dressing mix with some zesty vinegar for a sesame ginger-like vinaigrette.
The savory sesame and sweet ginger flavors are always a winning combination but then add in chili paste for a pinch of heat and coconut aminos for a mellow sweetness and you have one delicious marinade.
The recipe makes quite a bit of the sesame ginger marinade. Use half of the marinade to marinate the chicken.
The other half is combined with vinegar and cracked red pepper flakes if you want more heat to make an epic asian-inspired dressing for the completed salad.
I'd highly recommend keeping your sesame ginger salad dressing in a separate small airtight container until you are ready to eat your bowls. That way nothing gets soggy or squished in your meal prep bowls.
The sesame ginger chicken chopped salad meal prep bowls are perfection topped with green onion slivers, sesame seeds, and sliced almond pieces.
They add texture, crunch, flavor, and major nutrition packed in their small bites.
The fresh vegetables can be whichever veggies are in season. You will definitely need a fresh head of lettuce, some mushroom slices, and green onion slivers. Other than that pick your favorite vegetables for your meal prep bowls.
I recently have found a great way to keep my vegetables fresh after I pick them up from the store. Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ keep my heads of lettuce and mushrooms at their peak freshness until I am ready to make my meal prep bowls.
And yes, an entire head of lettuce fits very easily in the large container. No more smushing the lettuce to make it fit!
The FreshWorks containers have patented FreshVent™ Technology that keeps produce fresher longer by allowing excess CO2 to escape, delaying produce spoilage and by allowing additional O2 in, creating the optimal environment to maintain fresh produce.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
Sesame Ginger Marinade
- ⅛ cup liquid aminos, or GF soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon GF chili paste
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- ⅛ cup wine vinegar
- Remove your fresh head of lettuce from your Rubbermaid FreshWorks container and chop the lettuce. Chop the rest of your vegetables and set aside.
- Combine all sesame ginger marinade ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and divide in half.
- Mix ½ of the marinade with the chicken and place in the fridge to chill while making the dressing. To make the dressing place the second ½ of the marinade in a small mixing bowl with the vinegar and mix well.
- Place an even amount of veggies in each meal prep bowl. Split the sesame ginger marinated chicken evenly between the four meal prep bowls and then top with green onion, almond slices, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Keep the dressing in a separate container until ready to eat. All food should be stored in airtight containers in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Thanks for stopping in friends!