This 6 ingredient honey mustard chicken bake recipe bakes juicy chicken breasts and fresh vegetables in a thick and dreamy honey mustard glaze that will leave you wanting to lick your plate! Only 6 ingredients and 3 super simple steps stand between you and dinner!
We love simple chicken dishes around here. Especially when they include an extremely short list of ingredients and only dirty one pan.
But does it count as dirtying a pan if you decided to lick it clean?
Sounds weird untill you taste this honey mustard glaze y’all.
Then you’ll second guess yourself as to why you ever thought that that was a weird idea.
I’m pretty sure that most if not all of the ingredients for this honey mustard chicken bake are already in your kitchen.
Got chicken? Check!
How about mustard and honey? Yup.
Okay…. you’ll need olive oil and minced garlic too.
Want to serve veggies with the baked honey mustard chicken? Get them ready too.
Now you’re all set for this incredibly easy dinner.
Add in some green beans and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Banana Brownies from Gluten-Free Palate for dessert!
Just like BHHY ‘s Georgia Gold Chicken recipe, the honey mustard glaze that is drizzled and melted into the chicken is sweet and tangy, the perfect combination of sweet and savory and addicting.
Unlike the Georgia Gold recipe, the chicken here isn’t breaded. It’s simply a homemade sauce on top of fresh chicken and vegetables.
Simple, wholesome, delicious.
Here’s how it’s done:
Prep a baking dish and your oven.
Mix your sauce together.
Then pour one spoonful of the sauce on top of each chicken breast, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper if desired, cover your baking dish and cook for 20 minutes.
Then remove it from your oven, add your vegetables of choice and the rest of the sauce, recover, and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley if you want it to look extra fancy before you devour your dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh parsley and salt and pepper if desired, (optional)
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 6 TBSP honey
- 4 TBSP yellow GF mustard
- 4 TBSP GF dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 375*f. Prep a large baking dish with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in the bottom of it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- While the oven is preheating, make your sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl well.
- Pour one large spoonful of the sauce over each chicken breast, cover the baking dish with tin foil, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, add in any veggies you want to accompany the dish, add another large spoonful of the sauce over each breast, re-cover, and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and enjoy with fresh chopped parsley!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 310
Honey mustard chicken bake baking tips:
- Ovens vary a lot so make sure that your chicken is fully cooked before consuming.
- To be very safe, make sure your mustards are gluten free if you need this recipe to be completely gluten-free.
- We like to cook this honey mustard chicken dish with fresh green vegetables. We’ve tried it with green beans (pictured), sliced zucchini, and broccoli. All are delicious options.
- Keep the honey mustard sauce in the fridge in between the first and second spooning of sauce. You may even have a bit of extra sauce left over for dunking bites of chicken in if you are a sauce-maniac.
Items used to make this honey mustard chicken bake:
Thanks for stopping in friends!
The links on this page may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links helps support BlessHerHeartYall.com without any additional costs to you.