Gluten free pesto chicken spaghetti squash bowls are easy and delicious to put together! Fresh baked spaghetti squash gets a makeover once topped with pesto, juicy chicken pieces, and melty cheese!
These little bowlfuls of goodness pack a whole lotta punch in a healthy easy meal.
Alex and I like to make this pesto chicken spaghetti squash situation after we’ve had long hard days at work and we need an easy, flavor-packed, and filling meal, without the unhealthy crap that you would pick up in a fast food line, which we’re also guilty of.
The taste of the pesto alongside the sautéed spinach will make you want to lick your plate. With the heaping amount of spaghetti squash and the yummy protein slices, your belly will feel content until morning too.
- 1 in Spaghetti squash, sliced half
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with olive oil.
- Take out the spaghetti squash seeds and lay the two squash halves with the inside facing down, in the baking dish.
- Place the chicken alongside the spaghetti squash in the baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and set the chicken aside and slice into strips.
- Place the baking dish with the squash back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until soft and fully cooked.
- While squash is still cooking, sauté the spinach with the olive oil, butter, and minced garlic, and also prepare your pesto if making from scratch.
- Once the squash is fully cooked, remove from the oven, flip over so the inside is facing up and place the sautéed spinach, chicken strips, and pesto into the dished area of the inside of the squash.
- Quickly top with your favorite cheese (I like ours with shredded mozzarella or parmesan!) so that it melts. ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360
Items used to make this pesto chicken spaghetti squash:
Thanks for stopping in friends!
The links on this page may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links helps support BlessHerHeartYall.com without any additional costs to you.