These easy 9-minute fluffy gluten-free buttermilk biscuits are what you have been waiting for! They are fluffy and moist, soft and buttery sweet, and only 5 ingredients if you already have our DIY Bisquick Mix!
I think the number one question that I get from readers is for this recipe. I guess there are a ton of people wanting and needing a great gluten-free biscuit recipe and I am here today to share what I know…. and on this subject… I know quite a bit.
So I am going to skip all the small talk and get straight to the point on this one. Here’s my fluffy gluten-free buttermilk biscuit recipe that contains only 5 ingredients (if you have my DIY Bisquick mix!) and only 9 minutes of baking time.
You may also want to check out What The Fork’s Easy Homemade Honey Butter to spread over your hot buttermilk biscuits. It’s an amazing combination.
Ready, set, go!
One side note: if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can trade it out for heavy cream. I’ve done it many a times and the biscuits still turn out AHHHHH-mazing!
And one more little note: This recipe is made with instructions using a mini muffin tin. You can easily make 12 regular muffin-sized biscuits, you may need to adjust your baking time a few extra minutes. No biggie!
- 2 cups DIY Bisquick Mix
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 6 TBSP cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425*F. Spray your mini muffin tin with a cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well. Add in the butter and mix until crumbles appear (I use my hands to combine the butter).
- Once crumbled, add in the buttermilk and stir until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into balls (gumball size) in your hands and place one dough ball into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before placing biscuits on a cooling rack. Enjoy!