A light summer dish, perfect for those last-minute outdoor parties and get-togethers. In less than 5 minutes, you can have a bowl of this refreshing side with its sweet corn kernels and grape tomatoes, and the garlic basil lime sauce that's robust with a bit of sweetness!
Some of the yummiest corn here in the south is coming home from the stores late July and August and that makes my palate very happy.
One of my favorite summer corn dishes is the Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn, where lime and yummy spices are drizzled over top the creation.
So I said to myself, "self, go make yourself another tasty corn side that also has fresh lime juice in it."
After talking to myself and thinking of what spice combos I was craving at the moment, I came up with a garlic basil lime sauce to drizzle over some sweet veggies and toss.
Voila, a light and refreshing side dish!
This corn salad recipe takes only minutes to prepare and will be one of the dishes at your next shindig that will be gone the quickest.
Not only is it delicious, but it's pretty and eye catching.
All those plastic party utensils will be swinging for this one y'all!
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 in ears worth of corn kernels, or two large cans of canned corn a crunch!
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- Place the corn and tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all other ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour the garlic basil lime drizzle over the veggies and refrigerate until serving. Enjoy it messy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180
Thanks for stopping in friends!