This easy goat cheese spaghetti and meatballs recipe combines fresh goat cheese, smashed tomatoes, and fresh basil, garlic, and onion for a delicious meal in less than 20 minutes!
A while back, I woke up in the middle of the night with the idea of mixing one of my favorite comfort foods, spaghetti and meatballs, with goat cheese saucy goodness. Why? It must have been in a dream or something because I never get great ideas in the middle of the night. So I scribbled down the ingredients for my easy goat cheese spaghetti and meatballs idea (yes, I keep a pad of paper and pen in my nightstand….so analog, I know!) and tried to get back to sleep, but couldn’t.
So instead, I got up and started boiling a pot of gluten-free noodles and creating this creamy goat cheese sauce. I started with an olive oil and grape tomato base, added fresh basil and baby spinach, spiced it up with some onion and garlic powders, and sprinkled in the thick goat cheese after smashing the tomatoes (which is very fun to do!).
We are still moving and unpacking things into the farmhouse, but we have finished planting our flowers, herbs, and veggies for the year (container gardening for the win this year!) and I couldn’t wait to start cooking with my fresh herbs! This was a great excuse to use my fresh basil for the first time this year. If you don’t have fresh basil, dried basil will work in a pinch.
Easy Goat Cheese Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 8 oz GF pasta
- 8-12 GF meatballs cooked
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 GF vegetable broth
- 6 oz . baby spinach
- 2 TBSP fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz . grape tomatoes halved
- 1 oz . parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 oz . goat cheese
- In a large pot, heat your water and boil your noodles according to package instructions.
- While your noodles are cooking, in a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, broth, spinach and basil, tomatoes, and garlic and onion powders over medium heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the parmesan cheese. Once the cheese is melted, take the pan off of heat.
- With a large spoon, carefully smash the tomatoes and add in the goat cheese. Stir the sauce until the goat cheese is completely melted.
- Drizzle the sauce over the noodles and add in the meatballs. Enjoy!