This (under) 30-minute skinny champagne alfredo recipe is amazing and quick to make! Instead of using those heavy unhealthy creams, healthy greek yogurt is used! And if we needed a reason to use up any leftover New Year’s Eve champagne, here it is! It is used in lieu of chicken broth or white wine in your typical alfredo sauce! Creamy, healthy, fun deliciousness!
I am so excited to share this skinny champagne alfredo with you today! I snapped about it over on my SnapChat (@J.Trogstad) yesterday and was planning on getting it up on the blog later this week but with so many requests for this recipe…. I’ve got it for ya today. So how about we talk a little bit about this bad boy…
In the resolutions post, I mentioned that the whole month of January BHHY is focusing on healthy/skinny/light dishes with big flavors. On top of that, I thought that this week BHHY would share some recipes that incorporate unused portions of that champagne that you opened on New Year’s Eve and didn’t quite finish! Of course I will let you in on how you can get this delicious skinny champagne alfredo without the champagne (in case you did happen to drink it all on NYE) too. Give me just a sec…
So what gives this recipe the right to be called “skinny“? Well, instead of using heavy creams and a whole mess of cheeses, I swapped those artery-cloggers with some plain greek yogurt and just 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese. You still get the creaminess but without the guilt. It sounds amazing because it is!
And then let me spill about those champagne leftovers! By switching out the chicken broth or white wine that is typically seen in a lot of alfredo recipes with champagne, allows the dish to have an amazing light and refreshing taste and almost a sweet airy aftertaste, something hard (but delicious) to describe without trying it yourself.
- 12 oz . package of GF noodles
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup champagne, I use Brut in this recipe
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- pinch of coarse sea salt and cracked pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Cook GF noodles according to package. set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the garlic, sage, and onion powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the champagne and let simmer. Once simmering, remove from the heat for 2 minutes. Then add back to the heat and add in the greek yogurt, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Allow the cheese to melt, but importantly, do not let the sauce simmer or boil after the yogurt is added as it will curdle.
- Once the cheese is melted, pour the alfredo sauce over the noodles and garnish with more black pepper and parsley. Enjoy!