This is the best gluten-free corn souffle in the entire world and is so easy to put together and throw in the oven! Creamy, cheesy, savory ingredients are mixed and melted together and baked to sweet perfection with a golden brown sweet crunchy topping!
This gluten-free corn souffle comes out of the oven warm and bubbly, melty cheesy, and golden brown.
And did I mention that there is about 5 minutes of prep work to be done and then you just stick it in the oven. So there isn’t a lot of work, but there is a whole lot to gain!
The base of this gluten-free corn souffle is made up of a combination of creamed corn, whole kernel sweet corn, cream, and cheese.
And if you are wanting to keep this corn casserole completely gluten-free, you may be wondering how I got all the aforementioned ingredients to follow suite.
Here are the ingredients I listed above with links to the gluten-free versions:
- Creamed corn: Gluten free creamed corn is hard to find. I’ve actually never seen it sold in stores. But you can make your own. I like to follow Farm Flavor’s recipe for creamed corn.
- Whole Kernel Sweet Corn: Many cans of whole kernel corn are gluten free. Just check the labeling or use fresh corn kernels straight off the cob.
- Cream Cheese: This is my favorite gluten-free cream cheese!
- Swiss Cheese: Grab your favorite swiss cheese!
Just a few minutes before the corn souffle is done, the top is sprinkled with crispy corn flakes for a bit of crunch.
A handful of gluten-free corn flakes are crushed and drizzled in a bit of butter.
Within a few minutes in that warm oven, the topping turns into a golden brown buttery baked crunchy goodness on top of that gooey, cheesy, hearty corn souffle.
It brings some crunch to that otherwise thick and creamy casserole. It’s pretty much perfect.
My family has had this
love obsession with my mom’s corn souffle for decades. So many people know of it and love it, that now it is just referred to as “The Corn” because everyone just knows what “The Corn” is referring to.
My mother’s original recipe will die with her. No one will ever really know the depths of that amazing recipe. Respect.
But, I have come up with a great gluten-free version of her magical dish. It really is the best gluten-free corn souffle!
- 2 cans whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 cans GF creamed corn, or you can easily make your own!
- 1 8 oz . GF cream cheese, softened, I use greek yogurt cream cheese spread!
- 8 oz . swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 3/4 cup GF frosted flake cereal, crushed
- parsley and black pepper for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, combine and thoroughly mix the corn, creamed corn, cream cheese, and swiss cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Combine the crushed cereal and butter in a small bowl and then sprinkle on top of the corn souffle.
- Place back in the oven and cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cereal topping begins to turn golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven, garnish with pepper and parsley, and allow to cool a bit to set-up the souffle. Serve while still warm. Enjoy it messy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210
Thanks for stopping in friends!
The links on this page may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links helps support BlessHerHeartYall.com without any additional costs to you.