Hot corn dip is a warm cheesy dip that combines corn and spices to the melty cheeses and is baked up in minutes with the perfect golden brown cheesy top!
I uncovered a hit years ago. It was my last small group bible study of the semester, which meant that the group would be getting together over food and games and just have fun together one last time. I felt gutsy and brought a new recipe without ever trying it before. I decided to bring this gluten-free hot corn dip with sesame chips and veggie slices.
To say that it was a hit would be an understatement. I got to have one bite to taste (and by bite, I mean, I scraped off the bottom of the dish) and some friends didn’t even get to try it; it was gone in a hot minute. Sorry! Cheesy joke.
Ha! Sorry again. I couldn’t help myself.
My one bite was really really good though. I received lots of compliments and a bunch of questions as to what the recipe consisted of, so I felt like that was validation enough for it to make it’s way on to the blog for today’s post…. years after I should have shared it.
Why this Hot Corn Dip?
- It’s skinny because I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream and greek yogurt spread instead of cream cheese.
- It is a great hot corn dip because it isn’t as heavy as your typical corn dip so you won’t feel so bogged down after snacking on this recipe.
- It’s just a quick 13-17 bake. Just mix a few ingredients together just before putting it in the oven, and let it bake and get all melty and cheesy.
- It’s so dang easy to make. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool before digging in.
- It’s a great bake-and-take. What I mean is it is a great party food. Bake it and wrap it up in foil or in a safe container and bring it with you to your next party.
How to make Hot Corn Dip?
Have I mentioned how easy and fast this recipe is to make? Y’all, I had 20 minutes to come up with a recipe before I had to battle rush hour traffic to make it to bible study on time, and I accomplished it. This recipe rock your socks!
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Sauté the garlic and vidalia onion in the skillet for 1 minute. Then add in the corn and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the skillet is doing it’s thing, in a large bowl, mix together the greek yogurt, greek yogurt spread, and the cheese.
- Combine the cooked corn to the cheese spread once it is done sautéing. Grease a circular baking dish and place the mixture evenly throughout.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Sprinkle the top with the green onion and paprika, and finish with the salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Here are more dip recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa Dip
- Southern Seaside Crab Dip
- Spicy Caramel Apple Dip
- Healthy Game Day Dip
- Spicy Pumpkin Bacon Dip
Want more corn recipes?
Here are some other popular corn recipes:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Corn + Tomato Picnic Salad
- Goat Cheese Pasta Sauce + Sweet Corn and Sunflower
- Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn
- Gluten-Free Corn Souffle