This healthy super bowl game day dip exchanges some of those unhealthy ingredients for healthier options and still keeps the dreamy and creamy dip that everyone goes gaga over in mind.
You know when you have a recipe that is so good that it is always on repeat?
Well, when the Super Bowl comes around each year, my go-to source is my infamous healthy Super Bowl Game Day Dip.
I say it's infamous because you can't just have a little bit, and it's not too darn healthy for ya but it's better than some I've seen.
I have to My other half has to have this game day favorite this sporty Sunday, but we also have to fit into swimsuits in less than a month on our vacation to Mexico.
So I played with my famous recipe to make it healthier -ish ?
I swapped some of the cheese for greek yogurt, introduced ground chicken instead of ground beef, and instead of those salty corn chips good for dipping and clogging your arteries, I used sliced bell peppers that still give ya that crispy crunch in every bite.
So ya see, it's still not the healthiest, it's still not all-nautral-nothing-processed like I usually like to have, but it's better.... healthy-ish for a Super Bowl dip.
Healthy Super Bowl Game Day Dip Ingredients:
- 16oz. package of Velveeta Cheese Spread or similar
- 1 pound of cooked ground turkey or chicken (I chose chicken for this post but both are tasty)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Red Pepper Flakes and Sirracha as spice depending on preference. I load this dip up with spice. Increases that metabolism for bikini season!
- 6 Tablespoons Fresh Honey (I was gifted a quart of fresh honey from a friend. Can you say "yum!" ?
- 2 cups Salsa
- Sliced Bell Peppers for dipping
- Cook and brown the ground turkey or chicken.
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 hour, or until melted and warm.
- Enjoy your football game with a healthier option!
- The leftovers are great to store in the freezer and reheat for later!