These gluten-free quinoa breakfast bars are a sweet and easy breakfast option for those on-the-go mornings. These breakfast bars combine quinoa, coconut flour, honey, and peanut butter with dried fruits and topped off with a few white chocolate morsels to make a delicious baked gluten-free breakfast option. Say goodbye to those overpriced breakfast/protein bars and say hello to this easy recipe!
Gluten-free breakfast bars and I don’t usually match up.
The store bought kind taste….um…. the taste….um….well they have no taste and are extremely overpriced.
So when I have a crazy day filled with bringing the dogs to work with you because you are trying to sell your house, and then locking your keys (and dogs) in your car (on the coldest day of the year), and then being late for your afternoon appointments, and then realizing that you ran out the door without socks and breakfast and now you are very cold and hungry…… chaos!
That was my yesterday.
So to make my day today start on a much better note, I made myself a whole mess of these delicious and nutritious gluten-free quinoa breakfast bars (and put socks on).
These breakfast bars are moist and chewy, not crumbly and dry like many gluten-free treats are.
The hints of honey and cinnamon add to the sweet tastes of the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
These breakfast bars are packed with protein with the cooked quinoa and all-natural peanut butter.
This will help keep you feeling full for longer.
There is also no added sugar, the sweetness comes from the honey, dried fruits, and the sprinkling of the white chocolate chips.
The creaminess comes from the peanut butter, and the oats add a bit of crunch!
Gluten-Free Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- 1 3/4 cup cooked GF quinoa
- 2/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fresh honey
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup natural applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup GF oats
- 1/2 walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried fruit like cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375*F. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and applesauce together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the lined pan and gently press the batter flat into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the edges start to become golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving.
Gluten free quinoa breakfast bar tips:
- Need a substitute for dried cranberries? What about raisins or other dried fruits instead. Still not going to work? Try fresh pieces of fruit!
- This is my preferred gluten free quinoa for this recipe.
- Feel free to sub out the white chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips or butterscotch chips! YUM!
- Do you need to have all-natural peanut butter? No, not really, but make sure that it’s the creamy style of peanut butter for optimal results.
Thanks for stopping in friends!
The links on this quinoa breakfast bar post may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links helps support BlessHerHeartYall.com without any additional costs to you.