This chocolate chip muffin recipe is both gluten free and dairy free. Each muffin is incredibly moist and gooey with melty chocolate chips in each bite! It’s the perfect breakfast or sweet little snack!
Not only our these moist and fluffy muffins gluten-free, but they are dairy-free. If you’re looking for other dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate chip goodness check out Beaming Baker’s Coconut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream that’s also paleo and vegan!
There’s a quick mix of ingredients before putting them in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or 13-17 minutes for mini muffins.
So basically you can mix up the batter and put the chocolate chip muffins in the oven to bake, get ready for your day, and be back in the kitchen in time to take your muffins out of the oven and let them cool.
This chocolate chip muffin recipe uses coconut flour as the fluffy base. Because we are using coconut flour in this recipe, you are going to want to let the batter sit for about 5 minutes before baking to let the batter rise and thicken…. and it will.
This chocolate chip muffin recipe also uses almond butter (feel free to use peanut butter as well), almond milk (you can use cashew milk too), and coconut oil in replace of butter and milk, so yes, it’s completely dairy-free.
There are two things that need to be about room temperature, the almond milk and the beaten eggs.
Why you ask…
Because the coconut oil we are using needs to stay as a liquid to help make our batter smooth (think of it as a replacement to melted butter for this recipe), so chilled almond milk or egg will make it way too easy for that coconut oil to harden into clumps, which we don’t want.
Items used to make this chocolate chip muffin recipe:
- These striped muffin cups are so cute and are perfect for the summer holidays, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas!
- I LOVE my muffin tin. It’s so easy to clean up after baking even when I don’t always get all the batter in the muffin cups.
- These are the dairy-free chocolate chips that I like baking with.
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temperature and beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk close to room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips dairy-free chocolate chips are optional
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine all wet ingredients (including the almond butter) into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Using a mixer, mix until well combined. Allow the dough to set and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with the batter.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. My muffins are perfect after 22 minutes in my oven.
- Allow to cool before taking the muffins out of the tin and allow to continue to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
If blueberry muffins are more your thing check out our Gluten-Free Blueberry Mini Muffin recipe!
Thanks for stopping in friends!
The links on this page may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links helps support BlessHerHeartYall.com without any additional costs to you.