These gluten-free blueberry mini muffins are also grain-free and dairy-free! Grab a few of these moist fluffy muffins with juicy fresh blueberries for your busy mornings on-the-go!
This post is pretty special to me. When I was little, weekend mornings were full of Dad and us kids in the kitchen. The peewees would sit on the kitchen counter dangling our feet and singing “Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man” while my dad (obviously the original muffin man) did all the prepping and cooking and we did all the licking of the bowl and spoons. It is a great memory and man were they great blueberry muffins.
Everytime I make blueberry muffins I think back to when I was a kid and got to hang out with Dad and make a mess of the kitchen and leave sticky handprints everywhere I went. Not that I make blueberry muffins very much these days. That is, not until I finally figured out the greatest way to make dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free blueberry mini muffins!
The second reason why this post is so cool (I mean besides the fluffy, moist, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness that I will be talking you through in a minute) is that the plate in the pictures is from the Hubster’s grandmother, straight from Norway. A little piece of Grandma H. on the blog (everyone say “ahhhhhhhhhh adorable”! But seriously, it’s so cool to have a piece like this!), I just had to share it as soon as I got my paws on it.
Okay, okay, now on to the spectacularness that are these gluten-free blueberry mini muffins! Like I mentioned earlier, these little poppables of joy are fluffy and moist. I haven’t tried baking regular-sized muffins using this recipe (because aren’t mini muffins just the best?!?) but I should try really soon to see if these muffins will hold up if made that large. If you are going to try this recipe with regular-sized muffins you may want to bake for a few extra minutes and likely wait a few extra minutes again before popping them out of the muffin tin to allow them to set up properly. I wasn’t kidding when I said that these bad boys are oh-so fluffy and moist! They are melt-in-your-mouth good! Yum!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, close to room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2-1 cup fresh blueberries, I use around 3/4 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Line a mini muffin pan with muffin liners or spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine all wet ingredients (including the almond butter) into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Using a mixer, mix until well combined. Allow the dough to set and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries and fill each mini muffin cup 3/4 full with the batter.
- Cook for 13-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before taking the muffins out of the tin and allow to continue to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Need more fluffy and moist poppable inspiration? Grab my Fluffy Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits recipe!