These gluten-free quinoa breakfast bars are a sweet and easy breakfast option for those on-the-go mornings! These breakfast bars combine quinoa, coconut flour, honey, and peanut butter with dried fruits and topped off with a few white chocolate morsels to make a delicious baked gluten-free breakfast option.
Say goodbye to those overpriced breakfast/protein bars and say hello to this easy recipe!
Gluten-free breakfast bars and I don’t usually match up.
The store bought kind taste….um…. the taste….um….well they have no taste and are extremely overpriced.
So when I have a crazy day filled with bringing the dogs to work with you because you are trying to sell your house, and then locking your keys (and dogs) in your car (on the coldest day of the year), and then being late for your afternoon appointments, and then realizing that you ran out the door without socks and breakfast and now you are very cold and hungry…… chaos!
That was my yesterday.
So to make my day today start on a much better note, I made myself a whole mess of these delicious and nutritious gluten-free quinoa breakfast bars (and put socks on).
Side note: If you want a delicious slow cooker version of quinoa breakfast bars check out Food Faith Fitness’s Slow Cooker Quinoa Energy Bars with chia seeds and almond butter!
These breakfast bars are moist and chewy, not crumbly and dry like many gluten-free treats are.
The hints of honey and cinnamon add to the sweet tastes of the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
It’s almost like taking a bite out of a breakfast cookie! Like Gluten-Free Palate’s Gluten Free Sunbutter Breakfast Cookies that I am dying to try! Cookies need to be available for every meal, right?!?
Are these breakfast bars healthy?
These breakfast bars are packed with protein with the cooked quinoa and all-natural peanut butter.
This will help keep you feeling full for longer.
There is also no added sugar, the sweetness comes from the honey, dried fruits, and the sprinkling of the white chocolate chips.
The creaminess comes from the peanut butter, and the oats add a bit of crunch!
Gluten-Free Breakfast Bar Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup cooked gluten free quinoa
- all-natural peanut butter
- fresh honey
- 2 eggs
- natural applesauce
- vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- gluten free oats
- walnuts or pecans
- baking soda
- xanthan gum
- ground cinnamon
- dried fruit, like cranberries
- white chocolate chips
How to make gluten free breakfast bars with quinoa:
Preheat your oven to 375*F. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and applesauce together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
Place in the lined pan and gently press the batter flat into the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the edges start to become golden brown.
Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving.
Gluten free quinoa breakfast bar tips:
- Need a substitute for dried cranberries? What about raisins or other dried fruits instead. Still not going to work? Try fresh pieces of fruit!
- This is my preferred gluten free quinoa for this recipe and the easiest and quickest way to cook it is the Instant Pot Quinoa way!
- Feel free to sub out the white chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips or butterscotch chips! YUM!
- Do you need to have all-natural peanut butter? No, not really, but make sure that it’s the creamy style of peanut butter for optimal results.
How to store quinoa breakfast bars:
You can store leftover breakfast bars in an airtight container or storage zippie bag at room temperature for up to 1 week.
More tasty gluten-free breakfast ideas:
- Gluten Free Blackberry Almond Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Gluten Free Pancakes with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
- Old Fashioned Baked Glazed Donuts
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread Donuts
- Gluten Free Mini Blueberry Muffins
- Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread Loaves
- Gluten-Free Pancakes with Smashed Strawberry Champagne Sauce
- 1 3/4 cup cooked GF quinoa
- 2/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fresh honey
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup natural applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup GF oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, like cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375*F. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and applesauce together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the lined pan and gently press the batter flat into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the edges start to become golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210