This basil goat cheese spaghetti squash combines creamy goat cheese, fresh basil and grape tomatoes, and of course a bit of garlic into this amazing and fresh dish that’s just perfect if you are looking for something light, cheesy, and delicious!
I don’t know about you, but I have a soft spot in my heart for spaghetti squash. Although I know the texture “does not feel like spaghetti” it’s delicious, stringy (just like spaghetti!), and a healthy alternative. I love it in the fall with pumpkin and brown sugar mixed in. I love it spiced up in this Spicy Peanut Spaghetti Squash dish, and I love to make new concoctions out of it when I need a change. So when I had a healthy helping of goat cheese, tomatoes, and basil, in my fridge, I felt it was time to start experimenting with this Basil Goat Cheese Spaghetti Squash and have been making it for lunches and dinners ever since!
There’s no secret if you read this blog at all that I have a
love passion obsession for goat cheese! Doesn’t it make everything better? So besides the amazing goat cheese, I decided to pack sweet grape tomatoes, onion slices, garlic, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil over these spaghetti squash halves and roasted them (along with a few chicken breasts) for one easy and delicious healthy meal.
Basil Goat Cheese Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash halved with the seeds scooped out
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 2 TBSP chopped onion divided
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped basil divided
- 2 oz . goat cheese divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder divided
- nuts or seeds for garnish we like to use sunflower seeds!
- Preheat your oven to 400*F. Place your spaghetti squash halves on a baking sheet, insides facing up.
- Place half of your spinach, tomatoes, onion, basil, and goat cheese inside each squash half.
- Drizzle each squash half with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Lastly, sprinkle each half with nuts or seeds to your liking and a bit of black pepper if desired.
- Place the baking sheet with the squash in your oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, until the squash is golden brown along the edges and is tender on the inside.
- Remove from the oven to cool a bit before placing on a plate. Using a fork to scrape the inside sides of the squash, scoop the squash out, producing fluffy spaghetti squash "noodles". Mix all the warm ingredients together and enjoy!