These easy 9-minute fluffy gluten-free buttermilk biscuits are what you have been waiting for! They are fluffy and moist, soft and buttery sweet, and only 5 ingredients if you already have our DIY Bisquick Mix!
I think the number one question that I get from readers is for this recipe. I guess there are a ton of people wanting and needing a great gluten-free biscuit recipe and I am here today to share what I know…. and on this subject… I know a lot! So I am going to skip all the mumbo-jumbo talk and get straight to the point on this one. Here’s my fluffy gluten-free buttermilk biscuit recipe that contains only 5 ingredients (if you have my DIY Bisquick mix!) and only 9 minutes of baking time. Ready, set, go!
One side note: if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can trade it out for heavy cream. I’ve done it many a times and the biscuits still turn out AHHHHH-mazing!
And one more little note: This recipe is made with instructions using a mini muffin tin. You can easily make 12 regular muffin-sized biscuits, you may need to adjust your baking time a few extra minutes. No biggie!
Fluffy Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups DIY Bisquick Mix
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 6 TBSP cold unsalted butter diced
- 3/4- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425*F. Spray your mini muffin tin with a cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well. Add in the butter and mix until crumbles appear (I use my hands to combine the butter).
- Once crumbled, add in the buttermilk and stir until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into balls (gumball size) in your hands and place one dough ball into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before placing biscuits on a cooling rack. Enjoy!