This sriracha lime chicken skillet is a quick and easy 15-minute recipe that sautees juicy chicken pieces and coats them in a sriracha, honey, and lime drizzle. It’s sweet and oh so spicy with an asian-flair!
This is actually the second time this recipe has made an appearance on BHHY and although it is a great recipe and actually deserves 2 blog posts, the reasoning is my wrong doing.
The first Sriracha Lime Chicken post was waaaaay back when I started blogging and my photography was wack. The photos did not do this dish justice.
But that’s not the worst of it. The horrific I-did-a-blogging-sin of an act was misspelling sriracha as ‘sirracha‘ and not catching it. Then I hit “publish” on the post.
I always wondered why the recipe never got any traction.
Then one day another blogger notified me of the misspelling and all the confusion disappeared and embarrassment sank in in it’s place. (This also happened in my gluten-free coconut and carrot cupcakes recipe too.)
Boo! You work so hard for each recipe post and then I did something that “kind of dumb”?!?
So round 2 is the same recipe…. better pictures… and correct spellings. So now more readers may happen to find this spicy concoction on the interweb now that the value of spell check has been learned. 🙂
Okay, so on to the recipe! This recipe is hands-down, flat-out spicy, but you can tame it down by using less sriracha and more honey.
I personally like it really hot, but I understand how many would prefer a toned-down version.
This recipe is super simple to make and is fast and inexpensive too.
It’s a perfect busy weeknight meal on top of a bed of quinoa (which is the way my family prefers it) or brown rice.
We also like a large helping of the green onion and cilantro in the dish, it’s just so yummy. And the limes take it to the next level. Y’all ready to come and get it?
Sriracha Lime Chicken:
Sriracha Lime Chicken
- 4 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cubed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup fresh honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- Add the sweet onion and coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté for approx. 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked thoroughly. Once cooked, discard the liquids.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the sriracha, honey, and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, add the sauce mixture over top, lower the heat on the skillet to med-low, and cook for approx. 5 minutes longer. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add the green onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds just before serving.
- Serve the chicken on top of a nice fluffy bed of quinoa!