This lemon garlic roasted brussel sprouts + zucchini recipe is a clean, crisp, savory vegetable dish that is not only healthy but a gorgeous and easy addition to any meal! Lemon, honey, and garlic flavors coat the roasted brussel sprouts, zucchini noodles, and pomegranate arils for a colorful fresh salad.
Okay, I’ll be the first one to admit that I am on a serious pomegranate kick right now.
Those dark chocolate pomegranate bites that I posted a few days back kicked butt. They’re amazing and I can’t get enough of them.
I also made a pomegranate green tea that has been in my morning coffee mug every morning this week and one beautiful winter coleslaw recipe that… you guessed it… has pomegranate arils gracing it’s presence.
Maybe it’s the pomegranate’s sweet juicy bursts when you bite into each aril.
Maybe it’s the crunch of texture after you bite down into each mouthful.
Maybe it’s the beautiful magenta color that brightens up otherwise boring-colored winter foods.
It’s likely all of the above.
The lemon and honey in the dish give it a light and sweet touch while the garlic and black pepper give it a rustic hint.
The combination of thick brussel sprouts and thin spiral-sliced zucchini pieces gives it a nice balance in texture and an impressive look upon serving. But feel free to use simple zucchini slices for a similarly impressive final masterpiece.
Lemon Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts + Zucchini + Pomegranate
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1/2 lemon sliced thin
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat your oven to 425*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sprouts, lemon, oil, honey, garlic powder, and pepper together and mix.
- Place the sprout mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, mix in the zucchini pieces, and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted to your liking.
- Remove from the oven, toss in the pomegranate arils, and serve while still warm.
Lemon garlic roasted brussel sprouts + zucchini + Pomegranate tips:
- If you don’t want to use honey, substitute it with maple syrup. YUM!
- No need to spiralize your zucchini if you don’t want to. Simply slice your zucchini into thin slices. But if you DO want to spiralize your zucchini, I highly recommend this spiralizer (affiliate link).
- Here is the easiest way I have found to deseed a pomegranate. Easy peasy y’all!