This one-pot garlic mushroom chicken skillet cooks juicy chicken breasts and uses the drippings to make a quick creamy garlic mushroom gravy. The thick savory sauce brings out a cozy warm flavor to this comfort food, perfect for when you only have 20 minutes to spare!
With all of the sweets and snacks I have been talking about these past few weeks, my head (and waistline) felt like it would be a good idea to change it up a bit… and slow down.
I was needing a break from the crazy with so much going on during this fast-paced holiday season.
No shopping malls, no holiday parties, no wrapping presents.
Just a home cooked meal that had all the slow-cooked comfort food feels but gave me enough time to put my feet up and have a night on the couch with family.
This one-pot garlic mushroom chicken skillet uses one single skillet which is usually the exact amount of dishes that I feel like cleaning after a meal.
The chicken sautes quite quickly in the skillet and the drippings are kept in the skillet after the chicken breasts are fully cooked.
Then garlic buttered mushroom slices are cooked in the juices while chicken stock, parsley, and a bit of flour are added later on to complete the gravy.
The gravy is drizzled over the chicken and is amazing served with brown rice, fluffy seasoned quinoa, or your favorite green vegetables.
- 2 large chicken breasts, split (or 4 small breasts)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1.5 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup GF chicken stock
- 2 TBSP brown rice flour
- 1 TBSP parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken (and salt and pepper to taste) in the hot skillet and brown on each side for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Remove from the skillet and place on a plate, keeping any drippings in the hot pan.
- Turn down the heat to medium and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the mushrooms and minced garlic and allow to cook until brown and fragrant (about 4-6 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, parsley,salt, pepper, and flour. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!