These bacon wrapped pineapple bites with sriracha lime glaze are an easy to-put-together appetizer for any party (ahem….NYE!). Juicy pineapple is wrapped up in thick-cut applewood smoked bacon and then drizzled with a sriracha lime glaze before being baked in the oven to sweet and savory perfection!
One thing is for sure… New Year’s Eve is fast approaching so my holiday spread is in full preparation. First on my list…. these bacon wrapped pineapple bites with sriracha lime glaze!
What’s not to love? They are quick to put together, they make your house smell amazing, and your friends will still be talking about them well into January!
My palate has well been acquainted with bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pieces o’ chicken throughout the years. Yup, they are good. But then I had an idea about throwing in some juicy pineapple chunks (possibly starting my New Year’s resolution a day early by adding in fruits and veggies into places they aren’t normally found?!?)…. And this delicious treat was made (after 3 burnt attempts…but who’s counting, right? Now I have the recipe perfect to share with you!)
- 1 inch medium pineapple, cut into 1 chunks
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, each slice cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP sriracha sauce
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP GF soy sauce
- green onion for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400*F. Spray a 4-sided baking sheet with GF cooking spray or rub a bit of olive oil.
- Wrap each third of bacon around a pineapple chunk. Place a toothpick into each center and place on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, honey, sriracha, lime juice, and soy sauce together. Drizzle over the bacon wrapped pineapple pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked
These will definitely be the hit of any party! I feel so sneaky trying to slip in some healthy-ish fruit on New Year’s Eve. I am finishing up this coming week’s’ posts of healthy big-flavored dishes starting with a delicious broccoli recipe. It’ll be up on the 1st! I hope you have a fun and safe NYE and are excited about the coming year!