These cranberry meatballs with spicy bacon bbq are the ultimate in sticky finger foods just in time for the holidays! A quick homemade cranberry sauce is smothered into barbecue sauce and hot spices for the perfect sweet and spicy no-fuss pop-able party bites!
Fa-la-la-la-la it’s holiday season!
Raise your hand if you love holiday parties. *raises her hand*
Raise your hand if you love it more when you don’t have to lift a finger and how hard you party is your only worry. *raises her hand again*
Well if you just lifted your hand twice at the computer screen, you are in luck!
What makes these Cranberry Meatballs so special?
I’ve got this wonderful cranberry meatballs with spicy bacon bbq recipe that is no-fuss, no-mess, and will leave everyone’s bellies oh-so happy at the party.
What does that mean for you?
- That means less time in the kitchen cooking….because… slow cooker!
- Less time cleaning the kitchen and washing dishes… because… slow cooker!!! If you aren’t using slow cooker liners yet, you need to ASAP! No more scrubbing the ceramic slow cooker pot until your fingers are numb!
- Means more time for you to get dolled up for that party… because… slow cookers!!!
What ingredients do I need to make these slow-cooker cranberry meatballs with that BBQ glaze?
- 30 frozen meatballs (make sure that they are gluten-free, or be completely sure by making our own paleo baked meatballs!)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce or you can make your own gluten-free BBQ Glaze!
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 TBSP gluten-free hot chili paste or sriracha
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
How to make Cranberry Meatballs?
So what’s involved?
A whole mess of cranberries for a quick homemade cranberry sauce.
Then a whole mess of BBQ sauce smothered all together.
If cranberry isn’t your thing check out Fearless Dining’s GF BBQ Meatballs for a great turkey meatball alternative.
Then add in a touch of hot chili paste or sriracha and some red chili flakes for added hot comfort.
Then you can’t forget the bacon crumbles!
Dump them in, smoother those meatballs in all of it’s glorious sticky glaze, and let those bad boys sit that hot sticky sweet bath of sauce until you are darn ready for a party for your palate.
Cranberry Meatballs tips:
If you don’t want spice (sad face) then omit the hot chili paste, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. BUT… who doesn’t love a little of spice in their life?
If you’d like to create the illusion of slaving away in your kitchen and threw on that party dress just before the party started, then remove your cooked cranberry meatballs from your slow cooker and place them in a big old fancy serving tray.
Keep a little bit of extra cranberry bacon BBQ glaze and drizzle it over the meatballs just before the party begins.
You may also want to think about sprinkling these meatballs with a garnish, such as: bacon crumbles, blue cheese crumbles, or possibly chopped fresh parsley!
Look at all that YUM!
These cranberry meatballs will be the first thing devoured at your next event. Hands down, the best thing on the serving table!