This 3-hour slow cooker honey peach chipotle meatballs are an easy sweet and spicy appetizer that’s both gluten-free and paleo-friendly. Grab some honey, peaches, and spices and dig in!
I was asked to bring my maple bacon bourbon popcorn to a good girlfriend’s birthday party last night and of course I was excited to make the easy treat. It makes my house smell of bacon and fall goodness plus it’s just plain delicious.
And then I dropped the whole bin of freshly-made popcorn all over my driveway while on my way to the party. I said some curse words.
BUT! I also had secretly been brewing up a batch of slow cooker honey peach chipotle meatballs to bring to the shindig because I loooooove making food for others to try. I need all the opinions before putting any recipes on BHHY.
I don’t think I have ever held on to something so tightly walking that slow cooker up those front steps of my friend’s house. I was NOT going to drop those delicious balls! I was not showing up to the party empty handed. And I was not going to let the neighborhood dogs who were following me too closely with their noses working overtime to even get an idea of those meatballs spilling for them to scarf.
As all fairy tales go, the meatballs made it to the party and were a huge hit. Everyone fell in love with them and everyone lived happily ever after.
These meaty wonders are dropped in the crockpot for 3 hours and let to cook without any supervision. These well-behaved bites could not be any more simple and easy to make, I love it!
Slow Cooker Honey Peach Chipotle Meatballs (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- 1.5 # GF or paleo meatballs** frozen or fresh
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- 2 TBSP chipotle peppers in adobo sauce* diced
- 1 cup peach preserves*
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Line a slow cooker with a slow cooker liner.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the honey, peppers in sauce, peach preserves, and garlic together and stir well.
- Place the meatballs in the bottom of the cooker and then drizzle the sauce over top. Stir to coat and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until fully cooked. Now enjoy!
Recipe Notes*This is a paleo-friendly recipe. To make this dish paleo, substitute the peppers in adobo sauce with 2 TBSP tomato paste and 1/4 tsp chili powder. Substitute the peach preserves with 1 cup pureed fresh peaches.
**The time in the slow cooker is based on using frozen GF meatballs. If you are using room-temperature cooked meatballs or freshly cooked meatballs, you can adjust the time to about 30-60 minutes or until the sauce is warm and gooey.
How to make your Honey Peach Chipotle Meatballs paleo:
- Substitute the GF meatballs by making easy paleo meatballs in just a couple of simple steps with some simple ingredients.
- Substitute the peppers in adobo sauce with 2 TBSP tomato paste and 1/4 tsp chili powder.
- Substitute the peach preserves with 1 cup pureed fresh peaches.