These gluten-free vanilla marshmallows are easy and simple to make and are sweet and fluffy. This classic homemade treat is great inside of s’mores or fantastic all on it’s own!
Alex had never had a homemade marshmallow before and I felt that that was not acceptable.
Homemade marshmallows are so much better than store bought in every way.
Their smooth vanilla flavor and their fluffy gooey texture with a thin outer crust…. oh my yum.
Alex was sold right after his first bite.
Now we stick these gluten-free vanilla marshmallows inside campfire s’mores (don’t worry, I’ve got ya covered with these homemade paleo gluten-free graham crackers too!), chop them into smaller pieces for cookies, brownies, and other desserts, or sprinkle them with powdered sugar for an easy holiday treat at parties.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Marshmallows
- 3 TBSP unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Soak the gelatin in the 1/3 cup cold water bowl and allow to swell for about 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin is soaking, dissolve the sugar in the 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water over low heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add the swollen gelatin and dissolve, then bring it all to a boil for 13-15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour into a bowl and add the vanilla. Beat the mixture until very thick with a handmixer.
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture into an even layer.
- Allow to cool and firm, cut into squares, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if wanted. Enjoy!
Look at how soft and fluffy the insides are! One bite and you’ll be hooked!