These paleo gluten-free graham crackers are an easy 15 minute recipe that uses simple ingredients to make moist-on-the-inside and toasted-on-the-outside squares just in time for s’more season!
Happy monday y’all!
I just wrapped up an awesome weekend with the in-laws in town. The ladies got lots of painting done inside, the men got a whole mess of stuff upgraded in the horse barn, and we all ate way too much good southern food.
When you have guests in town from Minnesota you MUST show them ALL the best foods if you are a true southerner. It’s only polite, right?!? And most of that food is rich and greasy.
So tomorrow I restart my normal diet…..
But that’s tomorrow.
The weekends right now are the perfect time to grab cozy blankets, roast gluten free vanilla marshmallows, and sit by bonfires. I love this time of year.
Last weekend’s bonfire got me thinking about s’mores….
which lead me to think about graham crackers…
which then lead me to think about making my own since I have not found a good gluten-free alternative in any stores.
So I spent some major time in the kitchen coming up with this paleo gluten-free graham cracker recipe.
I struggled at first to get the flavor right.
Then I struggled with the texture….. a BUNCH.
Then I nailed it.
These paleo gluten-free graham crackers are perfectly crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside. A pinch of cinnamon and maple flavors tie it all together.
These little happy squares are the right amount of soft so that when you make your s’more and bite down that you don’t lose all of your stuffing.
They’re firm enough that they support all the s’more stuffing and won’t fall apart in your hands too.
NAILED IT. Nailed it y’all.
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in the egg, syrup, and oil and stir until well combined. Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat your oven to 325*F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough on the paper and place a second equal-sized sheet of parchment paper overtop the dough.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/8-1/4" thickness and cut into squares.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges turn golden but the centers are still soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and harden for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.