This peanut butter and jelly hot chocolate is a decadent and rich twist on the classic hot chocolate. Melting smooth chocolate with creamy peanut butter and sweetened with your favorite berry flavor, (and of course topped with whipped cream and other goodies!) make this an instant cold-weathered favorite.
I am pretty sure that if you are reading this that I already have your attention and that the reason for this recipe needs no explanation. It looks and sounds damn delicious. Because it is. It’s decadent and delicious.
One day I was blogging away at my desk with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in one hand, and in the other, a toasty hot chocolate. Part of my sandwich fell into my hot chocolate…. and an idea was born! I need to combine these two into one amazing drink! So that’s what I did. I combined peanut butter and jelly and hot chocolate. So let’s just get right to the easy recipe, shall we??? I’ll stop talking (and drooling) now…here ya go:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate
- 1 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 TBSP jelly
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add in the chocolate, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add in the peanut butter and jelly until, again stirring until melted.
- Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and more peanut butter and jelly! Enjoy it messy!
I hope you enjoy this treat as much as my family and I do! Stay warm and Happy Holidays!