This 30 minute one-pot coconut sesame chicken and green beans skillet is a tasty and fresh dish that combines coconut oil, fresh honey, chili flakes, and garlic and then drizzled over fresh chicken and green beans and baked to tender perfection!
I know I talk about easy and quick weeknight meals all the time, but this one-pot coconut sesame chicken and green beans meal has got to be one of the easiest and one of my most favorite weeknight meals to throw together and I can’t believe that it has taken me this long to share it with you!
I usually dust my chicken breasts in my DIY Gluten-Free Bisquick Mix, which is basically a combo of rice flour, coconut flour, and a bit of sugar, but if you don’t want to mix up a quick batch of the mix, you can just substitute coconut flour for the Bisquick mix in this recipe. Seriously, don’t stress about it, this recipe is so simple!
After browning the chicken in a bit of coconut oil (or sesame oil, your choice!), I combine the veggies I have on hand in the same skillet, and pour my mixture of honey, chili flakes, garlic, and soy sauce over the skillet, slide it in the oven for 20 minutes, and boom! You’re done. Except for sprinkling the sesame seeds over the final colorful dish! They add a touch of texture (and also make the dish look so pretty and “fancy” as the Hubster tells me!).
I love to serve my coconut sesame chicken and green beans over a bed of rice or lately, over fluffy quinoa for an extra healthy protein punch. I’m still working on my New Year’s Resolutions. Anyone else?
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 TBSP BBHY's DIY Bisquick mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 1/2 TBSP GF chili paste
- 2 TBSP fresh honey
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 TBSP GF soy sauce
- 1/2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup GF chicken stock
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400*F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the GF Bisquick mix and black pepper together. Add the chicken and coat evenly.
- Add the oil to a large oven-safe skillet and allow to heat over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and allow the chicken to slightly brown on all sides. While browning the chicken, combine the minced garlic, chili paste, honey, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper flakes, and chicken stock in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and drizzle the sauce over the meat and veggies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven, sprinkle sesame seeds, toss, and enjoy over rice or quinoa.