This winter pomegranate cranberry sangria recipe is a quick and easy twist on the popular sangria drink. Impress everyone at your next holiday or Christmas party with this sparkling red wine cocktail with apples, oranges, pomegranate, cranberry, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks! Get your drink on fancy pants!
Anyone else have a crazy week?
Yeah me too… and it’s only Wednesday.
When can Friday get here???
This time of year I really really really look forward to the weekends because of all of the holiday parties, gift shopping, and traveling that comes with them.
But this time of year is also hectic, and busy, and stressful.
So I put together the most amazing winter pomegranate cranberry sangria to help you out with all your holiday stress.
I just wish I had left one cup of this sangria for this past Monday. Monday was a doozy. *sticks out her tongue*
Whether you are bringing the cocktails to the party or you need a holiday-inspired sipper for a quiet evening in, this sangria recipe has you covered.
All you need is about 5 minutes to wash up and slice some fruit and enough time to put your party pants on and you my friend, are ready for it.
The combination of pomegranate arils and cranberries gives the drink a very festive taste.
The lemon and sparkling water wake it up and the red wine and cinnamon tone it right back down.
You can’t have sangria with out crisp apples and juicy oranges and the random rosemary sprigs are a wonderful earthy drink addition that I learned about from a friend.
Me and my southern ways…. I love to serve this pretty drink in mason jars and copper mugs.
Sometimes if I’m feeling extremely fancy I’ll line the cup rims with cinnamon sugar (50/50 cinnamon/granulated sugar) and tie name tags with candy cane striped twine to each glass.
But not today. Today I am showing you that this cocktail looks good on it’s own without any help.
Winter Pomegranate Cranberry Sangria
- 1 bottle of sweet red wine chilled
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 4 cups ice
- 1 apple sliced
- 3 clementine oranges sliced, or 1 regular orange
- 3/4 cup cranberries halved
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- rosemary sprigs 1 per glass
- cinnamon stick 1 per glass
- cup honey and/or cinnamon sugar for garnish or to line each 's rim
- Combine all ingredients except for the rosemary sprigs, cinnamon sticks, honey, and cinnamon sugar into a large pitcher (may need 2 pitchers if yours is not that big) and stir well.
- Line cups with cinnamon sugar if wanted, and pour sangria into glasses.
- Place one rosemary sprig and cinnamon stick into each glass and drizzle with fresh honey. Enjoy!
Here is the easiest way I have found to deseed a pomegranate.
Please drink responsibly and only if you are 21+. K? Thanks!