This one-pot spicy honey cashew chicken quickly coats chicken pieces in a gluten-free coating and then drizzles a spicy honey, sesame, garlic, sriracha sauce overtop the golden chicken and tender vegetables for an amazing asian-inspired dish!
If there’s one recipe that I’ve tried and tried again, and failed again and again, it’s cashew chicken. I have never been able to get it right. It’s too sticky, there’s too much soy sauce coming through, the veggies are mushy. I kind of gave up after a while….
Until recently. I had a hankerin’ for cashew chicken and decided after a few years of sulking, that I would try my hand at making this dish again. I wanted a lighter, fresher, spicier version than I’ve made before. It also needed to be easy and quick, and preferably a one-pot meal. And I think I have finally got it down.
May I introduce you to the delicious and easy, One-Pot Spicy Honey Cashew Chicken:
Spicy Honey Cashew Chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cups broccoli coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1-2 bell peppers chopped
- 2 jalapeños or serrano peppers diced
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 3 TBSP fresh honey
- 2 TBSP gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sriracha sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar white vinegar works too
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/2 cup dry roasted unsalted cashews
- Mix the cornstarch, salt and pepper together. In a medium bowl, coat the chicken in this mixture. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the vinegar, sriracha, soy sauce, and the honey together. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until golden brown on all sides and cooked thoroughly. Add the garlic and veggies. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables start to slightly soften.
- Add in the cashews and the sauce and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Enjoy it messy!