A smooth, sweet, pumpkin dessert that has a mousse-like texture with all the flavor of sweet pumpkin and cream. This gluten-free pumpkin mousse pie is an easy gluten-free option for all those pumpkin pie lovers this holiday season!
You can’t go wrong with a crunchy layer, topped my a mousse-like layer, topped with a creamy layer! Hella yum!
I’m gonna get right to it today.
Thanksgiving is coming and it’s time to start thinking of what’s important here. The pumpkin pies!
I’d received a few messages asking about those pumpkin pies and I realized that I had not covered the sweets!
What was I thinking?!? (I wasn’t)
So thank you to those who asked about this important part of the feast!
I am not going to show you a pumpkin pie recipe. I’ve got something a little bit different for those of you who are looking for a gluten-free Thanksgiving dessert.
Insert the gluten-free pumpkin mousse pie!
This pie has all the yummy qualities of a pumpkin pie, but it has a smooth almost mousse-like texture (hence it’s name!), with layers of creaminess, pumpkin-ness, and whipped-ness.
It’s also very easy to put together. The base crust layer is 3 ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven.
The top layers are quickly mixed together and then placed in the refrigerator to chill.
Then it’s ready for serving. It’s that easy!
I decided to make the pecan halves on top of this dessert a little decadent and turned them into candied pecans.
I brushed the pecan halves with a bit of melted butter and brown sugar and threw them in the oven for a few minutes, until the brown sugar melted. Then I quickly threw these hot bits on the pie and you can even see them melting into the layers and sliding around into all this sweetness. Yum!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- 1 cup GF coconut flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans halved
- 8 oz . GF greek yogurt/cream cheese spread softened (can use GF cream cheese spread too)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 13 oz . GF vanilla pudding I use 4 GF pudding cups!
- 2 cups GF whipped topping divided
- 1 15 oz . can GF pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease a pie baking dish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, and chopped pecans and mix well. Place in the bottom of the baking dish and press firmly to make a crust. Bake for 15 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese spread, confectioners sugar, and 1 cup whipped cream together until completely combined. Pour over the cooled crust and spread evenly.
- In the large mixing bowl, combine the pudding, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice together until completely combined. pour over the cream cheese layer, and spread evenly on top.
- Top the pie with 1 cup of whipped cream and sprinkle with pecan halves and chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours and serve chilled! Enjoy it mesy!
Thank you to those of you who sent me messages about pumpkin pies! Keep those messages coming in! Hit me up at: [email protected] (dot) com!