This gluten-free chicken taco pasta combines the fiery tastes that come with fresh chicken tacos with the comforts of creamy pasta! The spicy taco sauce goes great with your favorite noodles and chopped mexican veggies for an amazing fiesta for your taste buds!
I came up with idea of combining chicken tacos and creamy pasta one day when I was already extremely hungry and had not even started to think of what I could possibly make for dinner. I was listing off all the comfort foods that sounded delicious and in that hangry moment, had somehow dwindled my long list of comforts to making either pasta or tacos. Somehow, in my hungry stupor, I came up with this idea of a gluten-free chicken taco pasta. Genius!
Honestly, you could use any shape of pasta that you want, use any chopped veggies you have on hand, and use any meat in your taco dish that you want and it will be one amazing dish! Seriously, don’t stress if your ingredient list looks a little different than this one. Make it your own!
Of course, I have to recommend those veggies that you would normally find in your tacos, like corn, onion, tomato, and avocado slices. Then, when you add in the taco-seasoned pasta sauce… wait for it…. wait for it… and then sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and green onion pieces and CHEESE…. you have a magical pasta dish! Or is it a magical taco dish? Hmmmm…… I don’t know, I’m currently too full to think that hard about it.
Gluten-Free Chicken Taco Pasta
- 8-12 oz . gluten-free pasta
- 1 can GF tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup GF chicken broth
- 1 TBSP BHHY Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese we use cheddar
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 4 cooked chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2-1 jalapeno diced (depends on your spice level)
- 2 cups fresh cooked corn kernels or one 15 oz can of GF canned corn
- 1 can GF diced tomatoes
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro chopped
- GF tortilla strips for garnish
- 1 avocado cubed
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the tomato sauce, chicken broth, taco seasoning, shredded cheese, lime juice, minced garlic, and chopped onion in a large skillet and allow to simmer and for the cheese to melt. Allow the liquid to reduce 1/3 the initial amount, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the pasta and chicken to the taco pasta sauce. Gently fold in the jalapeno, corn, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with avocado, green onion, and tortilla strips as garnishes!