These moist and decadent gluten-free coconut and carrot cupcakes are not your typical gluten free cupcake. The smooth bites of coconut, carrot, coconut sugar, and vanilla are topped with a fresh homemade vanilla coconut whipped cream for a dreamy treat!
One of my favorite times of the year is in the spring, right around Easter time. The warmer weather, the brighter colors, and the springtime foods. With Easter upon us, I can’t help but think of what’s going to be on my Easter table this year.
My table will be gluten-free and full of some of my favorites: juicy meat, cheesy baked sides, green vegetables, and a whole mess of gluten-free coconut and carrot cupcakes.
These cupcakes are the best baked goodie that I have made this year. I actually can’t remember baking something so gluten-full tasting. Bold statement, complete truth y’all.
These little devils are so moist and decadent with their coconut and vanilla flavors. No one will ever know that these are gluten-free! These are by far the best!
Gluten-Free Coconut and Carrot Cupcakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons Xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or spray with pan with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, butter, eggs, sugar, water, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the carrot and coconut. Stir well.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the larger mixing bowl and combine with a hand mixer (about 1 minute).
- Place the mixture into the muffin liners (should be overfilled; these baby's don't expand much) and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before applying any toppings. I suggest my 2-minute homemade coconut cream topping.
These little nuggets of joy are amazing and moist and DECADENT all on their own but if you are going to call ’em a cupcake, call them a cupcake and put on the damn frosting.
Or in this case, the homemade whipped topping that can be made in less than 2 minutes!
Gluten-Free Coconut and Carrot Cupcakes *Edited 09/29/16:
This was one of my very first baking recipes on BHHY. One day I was going back through old recipes feel all nostalgic and all and I came across a hideous dark picture. It was a picture of this amazing recipe!
After coming down out of my “embarrassment high” I remembered that we all start somewhere and to look how far my photography has come.
*wipes the sweat off her forehead*
Yeah, that’s right. I need to remember how far I’ve come in my blogging journey.
“But no one is going to make these amazing cupcakes with pictures like that and that’s a shame because they are DELICIOUS!”
So to better serve up old amazing recipes, I am taking some new pictures. These images will better represent the tastiness of these cupcakes but I will keep an old picture or two for me to come back to to see how much I’ve learned with my DSLR.
So here ya go….. here’s the original horrifying image. Gulp.