Easy spicy garlic sweet potato chips are a crunchy dippable snack that’s both a touch sweet, a bit spicy, and completely addicting.
I dipped them into a Mexican Quinoa Dip that I made for a recent tailgating party… and I was forced to post this recipe ASAP according to friends at the party 🙂
Because they’re sweet potatoes, they obviously have some sweet to them which cuts some of the spice that the cayenne pepper brings out.
Then the cumin, garlic, and sea salt are sprinkled in there somewhere too and it’s a big party of flavors.
I love these sweet potato chips because they are crispy and crunchy and baked, not fried. You control the amount of oil and salt. Noice!
They’re the perfect crunchy complement to a gooey Southern Seaside Crab Dip, Skinny Summer Corn Dip, or Holy Guacamole!
Spicy Garlic Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 385*F. Grab 2-3 sweet potatoes and give them a good cleaning.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices (I used my spiralizer but you can use whatever veggie chopper method works best for you). The thinner the slices, the easier it will be to get perfectly crispy chips.
- Place the chips in a large bowl and drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over them and coat evenly. Place the chips on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chips with garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and coarse sea salt. Bake the chips for 21-25 minutes, flipping them over with a spatula every 7-8 minutes.
So the quick rundown on the spicy garlic sweet potato chips goes a little like this:
- If your chips are still slightly soft bake for a few additional minutes but be careful not to overcook them. They can become charcoal very easily if overcooked.
- Ovens differ so play with your time and heat settings to see what works best for you.
- Store these chips in an airtight container (if you even have any leftovers!) or zippie bag to lock in freshness and keep them crisp.
Thanks for stopping in friends!