These quick gluten-free smashed coconut peanut butter cookies combine coconut flour, peanut butter, and fresh coconut flakes together for fluffy and sweet cookies in just minutes!
One, it’s late and I should be getting to bed.
Two, cookies late at night aren’t the healthiest idea in the world.
Three, do I even have the ingredients to make cookies? Because I am not going to the grocery store at midnight in my pajamas!
Well with these smashed coconut peanut butter cookies, all you need is 7 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of baking, start to finish!
Plus, these cookies aren’t full of sugar, they are naturally sweetened with natural peanut butter, honey, toasted coconut flakes, and the sweetness of the coconut flour itself.
So they aren’t the worst sweet treat late at night, right? RIGHT!
I quickly mix all the ingredients together, roll the dough into balls, smash some coconut onto the tops of each cookie, and then quickly bake these little treats for 7-10 minutes (it’s 9 minutes for my little oven).
Stash the few dishes needed to make these smashed coconut peanut butter cookies in the sink or dishwasher and head to bed after your cookie craving.
You may still have that sweet coconutty, peanut-buttery aroma in your kitchen when you wake up the next day. Yes!
But what if you want a coconut cookie but without all the peanut butter and coconut shavings? You should check out Flippin Delicious and her coconut flour cookies that are also gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free too!
- 1/2 cup GF coconut flour
- 1/2 all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp GF pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP fresh honey
- 1 egg white
- coconut flakes (I use sweetened flakes for this recipe, but any type will work)
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients (except for coconut flakes) in a mixing bowl until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place a pinch of coconut flakes on top of each cookie and smash the top down with a fork until each cookie is about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cookie's edges are golden brown and the coconut begins to become toasted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before snacking.