Gluten free lemon crinkle cookies combine light fresh lemon flavors into soft and doughy cookies that are sprinkled in delicious powdered sugar before being baked for a quick 10 minutes! The perfect gluten-free cookie dough is made with Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour from our sponsor Bob’s Red Mill.
Spring has definitely sprung here in Atlanta!
The flowers are blooming, the sun is warm, and my family is starting to crave all those springtime and Easter treats.
Light and sweet treats are where it’s at for us.
With so many spring bridal and baby showers as well as Easter and Mother’s Day fast approaching I decided that I needed to share this gluten free lemon crinkle cookie recipe with y’all asap.
Cuz spring’s coming yo’.
So let me tell y’all why you need to make these lemon crinkle cookies for your next spring party:
- Lemon and lime flavors are always a hit in the spring. I have been dying to try Noshtastic’s Gluten Free Lemon Bars! Mmmmm lemon! These bars are the exact type of inspiration I was thinking of when making these crinkle cookies.
- They’re the perfect little treat for a shower, Easter, or Mother’s Day table spread.
- 10 minutes of baking time is all that is required! 10 minutes!
- Powdered sugar. POWDERED sugar. POWDERED SUGAR!
- Crinkle Cookies!
So how did I get my gluten free cookies so freakin soft and fluffy and moist and chewy?
Well glad you asked!
Bob’s Red Mill graciously sponsored this crinkle cookie post with their Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
I find is perfectly formulated for this lemon crinkle cookie recipe with terrific taste and texture, no additional specialty ingredients like xanthan gum required.
It’s readily found at many grocery stores and is very affordable.
Most importantly it produces soft and fluffy cookies every time.
You can use other gluten-free all-purpose flours in this lemon crinkle cookie recipe in a pinch but you may need to add other ingredients to it or adjust the amount of flour and/or cooking time to make them just right.
….or just make it easy on yourself and grab a bag of this Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour next time you are at the grocery store. Mmmmk?
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients together until well combined. Use as much yellow food coloring as you desire (or none at all).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT for the powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until completely combined and a smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough into golf ball-sized balls and then roll them into a small bowl filled with the powdered sugar. Coat each ball on all sides with the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet 2-3 inches apart and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies are crinkled on the tops.
- Remove from the oven to cool briefly on the cookie sheet before carefully being moved to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175
Thanks for stopping in friends!
I partnered with Bob’s Red Mill, a brand I personally recommend to friends and family for this post. Thank you for continuing to support me, BHHY, and the brands that help make this site possible.