These skinny champagne margaritas are epicly delicious and prepared two different ways. There is no need for sugar or simple syrup because this recipe uses fresh lime and orange juices as well as honey to sweeten and packs a punch with it’s tequila and champagne, perfect for any New Year’s Eve fiesta!
When Alex came up with the idea to have friends over for New Year’s and host a taco bar I was game.
But you really can’t have New Year’s without champagne.
But you really can’t have a taco bar or fiesta without margaritas either.
So what do you do?
You combine them into champagne margaritas!
After experimenting with both frozen and on-the-rocks varieties, the conclusion was made that both are pretty damn amazing.
We couldn’t decide which was better so we will be making both versions come NYE.
The glass rims were coated in lime juice and a bit of coconut sugar.
Then fresh squeezed lime juice and a bit of fresh squeezed orange juice were mixed together with a generous helping of tequila.
Instead of simple syrup or sugar, a drizzle of honey is added. No need for anything else to sweeten these up after the crisp bubbly splash of champagne is added and poured over ice.
Top your skinny champagne margaritas off with a simple lime wedge and watch the lime juice spurt from the side of the glass as the chilled cup slowly drips condensation down all of it’s sides.
And if you’re more of a “frozen” person, I’ve got you covered too.
Add ice and “the mix” to your blender and blend it all up until it is at the perfect consistency for you. Because of the added ice I like to spike my frozen skinny champagne margaritas with a splash or two more champagne for good measure.
And if you are anything like me and like to taste-test while you go, you may have a spill or two (dang it tequila!) while pouring your frozen margaritas.
Or maybe it’s just me. I spill everything! The video below is solid proof of that ->
- 4 oz. tequila
- 3 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 TBSP honey
- 8 oz. champagne
- lime juice and coconut sugar to coat the rims
- ON-THE-ROCKS: Combine the tequila, lime and orange juices, and honey and stir well. Top with the champagne.
- Add ice to each cup and pour equal amounts of the margarita into each glass lined with lime juice and then coconut sugar and garnished with a lime slice.
- FROZEN: Combine the margarita mixture described above and add it to a blender with ice.
- Blend the margarita with the ice until the desired consistency is achieved. Pour into glasses lined with lime juice and then coconut sugar and garnish with a lime slice.
This recipe contains alcohol and is intended for a 21+ audience. Please drink responsibly.
I hope everyone has an amazing start to 2017.
Thanks for stopping in friends!