These pepperoni pizza mozzarella crisps are the perfect little dippable appetizer or snack. Shredded mozzarella cheese is quickly baked with pepperoni pieces, garlic, and basil into crispy addictive bites that are easily dunkable into your favorite marinara sauce!
Alright y’all! You have asked about my Garlic Basil Parmesan Crisps so many times that I decided that I needed to address some of those questions. One of the biggest questions I get is if you can make the crisps with mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan. Well today I answer that question for you with a brand new recipe! You can definitely make those parm crisps with mozzarella BUT you can also make these delightful pepperoni pizza mozzarella crisps with the mozzarella too!
Let me talk you through my research…
- The mozzarella is a softer and more moist cheese than the parmesan so it melts and bakes a little bit different too.
- Unlike the garlic basil parmesan crisps that are extremely crispy, these little pancakes of joy, although crispy on the edges are slightly tender and doughy in the middle.
- If you want your pepperoni pizza mozzarella crisps with a bit more crunch, I suggest keeping them in the oven for a bit more time. BUT… watch them closely because a few seconds time can make a BIG difference between nicely golden and burnt (or so says all my kitchen testing skills!).
Of course these pepperoni pizza mozzarella crisps would be just amazing on their own (trust me I’ve done the research 😉 ) but adding a bowl of your fav marinara sauce for your dipping pleasure sure does up the pizza ante.
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pepperoni, diced
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- marinara sauce for dipping!
- Preheat your oven to 350*F and line a cookie sheet in parchment paper.
- Place TBSP's full of mozzarella onto the parchment paper and slightly spread out in the form of a circle.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and basil and then top with a few chopped pieces of pepperoni.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes (it's 5 minutes on the dot for my oven) or until the cheese edges are turning slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and remove from the parchment paper.
- Dip in marinara sauce and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 12 Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 35mg
I have baked these crisps two ways:
- For perfect little circles, I used the bottom of a dark non-stick jumbo muffin pan without any type of spray or parchment paper and they came out fantastic.
- I also baked them just as easily on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (not wax paper) for a more rugged around the edges looking pepperoni pizza mozzarella crisp. Bakers choice!
- If you don’t have mozzarella cheese, try another variety of these crisps, like the garlic basil parmesan crisps, the Taco Cheese Crisps or the loaded bacon cheddar crisps!
One other tip for these mozzarella crisps is that because they don’t crisp up as much as the garlic basil parmesan crisps do, they are better eaten the day of baking and not stored overnight. You can definitely still make them ahead of time and they store well the same day they are baked. Trust me, you won’t have any leftovers to worry about storing!