Loaded bacon cheddar crisps are the perfect 5 ingredient baked finger food for your next party! They combine cheddar, bacon, garlic, and green onion into a gluten-free and low carb snack that takes just minutes to make! Place a dollop of sour cream on them and you have a new easy low carb version of loaded potato skins!
This post was updated on February 11, 2020 from its original post date of August 13, 2016.
I am so glad that y'all pressed me to try new versions of the original recipe because this betty is a gooooooood one!
Man I love y'all!
Table of Contents
Best cheddar crisps:
This time around, of course I was craving carbs in the form of potato skins.
As happy as you feel while downing a plate of these little potato skin boats, the crabbiness that is inside your body afterwards is not so cute.
That's when I decided to try my hand at another cheese crisp variation that would have all the tastes and feels of the loved/hated potato skin but without all of the guilt.
Making a low carb version of those little beasts would be amazing, right?!?
So here is the loaded bacon cheddar crisps recipe that you need in your life if you are anything like me.
Short on time, big on hunger, and have a craving for something cheesy and bold.
So grab your cheddar cheese, your green onion, and your garlic and bacon crumbles and get your oven and bellies ready for a scrumptious snack that is about to happen!
Cheddar Chip Ingredients:
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded: the cheese must be shredded in order for this recipe to work. Too thick of cheese will cause these crisps not too crisp up enough and become gummy or flimsy, so shredded cheese is the way to go here!
- bacon crumbles: Sometimes I cheat and grab a bag of bacon bits to use for this recipe instead of cooking up bacon from scratch.
- green onion, diced: green onion is optional but highly recommended if you like green onion or chives on your loaded potato skins at restaurants.
- garlic powder: A must for this recipe. Use more or less depending on how much you like garlic. If you don't have garlic powder on hand, try using onion powder for a similar final taste using the same amount of onion powder as you would have used as the garlic powder.
- black pepper: This is to taste and just finishes off the flavor of the dish. This is optional too but highly recommended.
How to Make Loaded Bacon Cheddar Crisps in under 10 Minutes:
- Preheat your oven to 350*F and place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place heaping 1 Tablespoon fulls of shredded cheese onto the sheet in circular little piles. Flatten each cheese pile out into thin cheese circles.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, bacon crumbles, and green onion pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up.
- Remove the crisps from the oven, allow to cool and harden fully, and enjoy!
Here's a few notes on the loaded bacon cheddar crisps:
- If you'd like your loaded bacon cheddar crisps with more or less crisp to them, bake them for 30-60 seconds more or less respectively.
- If you don't have garlic powder, garlic granules or onion powder taste great too.
- Want these bad boys spicy? Add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes on the top before baking!
- Want a healthier option to sour cream for a dip? Try some plain greek yogurt as a yummy replacement.
- If you don't have cheddar cheese laying around, try a different variety of crisp, like our uber popular Garlic Basil Parmesan Crisps or the almighty pepperoni-pizza-substitute, the Pepperoni Pizza Mozzarella Crisps!
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- bacon crumbles
- green onion, diced
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place heaping 1 tablespoon fulls of cheese onto the sheet in circular little piles. Flatten each cheese pile out into thin cheese circles.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, bacon crumbles, and green onion pieces.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool fully, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g