I rarely RARELY like to use heavily processed ingredients in my recipes. I did use greek yogurt cream cheese spread in the No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake and Gluten-Free Strawberry Basil Margarita Cheesecake Squares recipes too. Ya caught me!
But every once in awhile it’s so fab to have a little piece of decadence.
Just that little indulgence of sweet creamy cheesecake wrapped around a moist and chocolatey red velvet brownie…
all the while it being every bit gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Tablespoon red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons vanila
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cheesecake Topping:
- 8 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese spread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax paper and lightly grease the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs, food coloring, vanilla, and sugar together in medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter and then slowly add in the flour. Mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup of batter.
- Spread the larger portion of the batter evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together cream cheese mix: Soften the cream cheese, then add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mix on top of the batter in the baking pan.
- Drizzle the 1/4 cup of reserve batter on top of the cream cheese mix in multiple spots. Then run a knife through the top of the batter and cream cheese mix in a zigzag pattern until a swirl is seen.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until fully done. Let the pan cool. Remove the wax paper from the pan once cooled and cut into squares or hearts for Valentine's Day treats!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 20 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 425
Gluten free red velvet cheesecake bars tips:
You can definitely leave out the red food coloring if you want. It just gives the bars a festive Valentine’s Day look and keeps the red velvet part red. If you decide to “x” the food coloring, your bars will look most like the last picture of this post.