This 2-minute pumpkin poppyseed dressing combines pumpkin, honey, minced garlic, and olive oil together for the perfect sweet and tangy festive fall dressing that you should drizzle on top of everything from salads to chicken this autumn!
I know it’s a bit early for pumpkin anything but deep down inside I know you are lusting over pumpkin everything just like me. I daydream of pumpkin-filled recipes (and possibly a cooler day or two) in the near future.
A few days ago when munching on my lunchtime salad, I was once again daydreaming of everything pumpkin (like my Pumpkin Pecan Truffles) and wishing I hadn’t used up all of my poppyseed dressing at the same time.
Then it hit me. Make your own dang poppyseed dressing and just put the dang pumpkin in it.
Being a great listener to the voice in my head (ah crazy much?!?), I immediately stood up, made my poppyseed dressing and tossed some pumpkin in at the last moment before blending it all together.
Much to my surprise… the 2-minute prep work for this pumpkin poppyseed dressing was well worth the short wait.
I am a huge fan of sweet salad dressings with a little bite of tanginess (if you can call garlic tangy?) in my fall salads. Heck, drizzle it on baked or grilled chicken. Smother this pumpkin poppyseed dressing over your pasta salad (now there’s a great idea for another soon-to-be-on-the-blog post!) or fall fruits. Coat/dip/toss this festive light and addicting dressing over/on/with pretty much anything this fall season. Have all the feels. Go get you some dressing!
Pumpkin Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 TBSP poppyseeds
- Combine all ingredients except for the poppyseeds in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the poppyseeds and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
A few tips on this pumpkin poppyseed dressing:
- No matter what, try and use a white/clear or light-colored vinegar if you need to substitute the vinegar for another type. If you use a dark colored vinegar, the dark color added with the orange of the pumpkin will leave you with a colored dressing that is less than desired (or appetizing!).
- I used my blender to mix up the ingredients thoroughly but you can use a food processor or any other method of mixing the ingredients well (like using your hands! So analog.). Use what you have on hand (Haha! Cheeeesy! Get it?).
- The pumpkin poppyseed dressing (oops, I just typed “poopyseed”. Haha! Not right!) can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe makes roughly 1 1/3 cups of pumpkin poppyseed dressing.
And now for an awesome giveaway to help you purchase everything you need to make your pumpkin poppyseed dressing!
Prize: $300 Amazon Gift Card
Co-hosts: Jenns Blah Blah Blog // Coupons and Freebies Mom // Pretty Thrifty // A Better Me // The Mommyhood Mentor® // Taffeta & Tulips // Top Free Mmorpg 2017 // SWEETHAUTE //Surviving Mommy // Lauryncakes // A Wandering Vine // Novelstyle // A Labour of Life // It’s Naptime Somewhere // Bill Hiatt’s Author Website // It Girl Accessories // Heartfully Heather //Misadventures with Andi // Purple Patch DIY // The Sophisticated Life // Fashion Fairy Dust
Giveaway is organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 9/16 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to find out how you can join a totally awesome group of bloggers!
Good Luck Y’all!