This gluten free slow cooker pumpkin pecan bread pudding recipe is the perfect decadent dessert for those that don’t want to lift a finger. This warm gooey fall pumpkin treat uses up old or dry gluten-free bread crumbs and will make anyone’s day so much better.
I don’t know about you but I have a list of my favorite go-to brands for my grocery basics. I have my favorite brand of cheeses, my fav brand of wine, and even a favorite brand of gluten-free bread.
Now I know that there are tons of gluten-free breads out there to buy and I am the first to admit that 99% of them are awful and will never be seen here on the blog. That being said, there are a select few that I will go out of my way to get my hands on.
Buuuuuuuut, every now and then I get the urge to try a new brand or type of gluten-free bread because ya never know if your missing out if ya don’t keep trying new things. AmIRight?!? Most of the time the bread is a fail and I am stuck with 3/4 of a tasteless, crumbly, crunchy mess.
I then have two choices…. wait, no three….. one I can force myself to eat it (which is not going to happen), two I can throw it out (which usually happens), and three I can turn it into something so freaking tasty that you forgot all about your purchasing fail.
So let’s look into option 3 for a minute.
What if I told you that with that crappy loaf of gluten free bread you could make the most moist, ooey gooey fall-inspired pumpkin pecan bread pudding that you have ever ladled into your mouth. What if I told you that it was lazy-easy? What if I also told you that it’s virtually no-clean-up? Do you believe in magic?
Because this recipe for gluten free slow cooker pumpkin pecan bread pudding is basically magic. Is it healthy? Ah nope. But in moderation, it’s decadent, so there’s that. It’s also made in 3 hours in a slow cooker lined with a liner so it’s just a toss-and-you’re-done kind of clean up.
So what ya do is cube that dry loaf of bread into cubes, combine it with some pumpkin, cream, vanilla, brown sugar, and spices and then slowly bake it into a gooey sweet dreaminess that will warm your whole house with fall amazingness.
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding
- 7-9 cups of day-old GF bread cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup GF butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar lightly packed
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- ice cream and GF sauce for garnish
- Line a slow cooker with a slow cooker liner. Place the bread cubes in the bottom of the cooker. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients except the pumpkin pie spice, ice cream and sauce in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over top the bread cubes and stir until just combined. Sprinkle with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours until warm, moist, and gooey.
- Serve with ice cream and your favorite GF toppings. Seriously enjoy!
Here’s some tips on how to make your gluten free slow cooker pumpkin pecan bread pudding all come together:
- Do you need to have gluten free bread to make this magic happen? Nope. You don’t. You just need a day-old loaf of bread (ya know, kind of dried out or stale).
- Check to make sure all your ingredients are GF, like your vanilla, your butterscotch chips, and your garnishes to name a few. Just remember that if you aren’t using gluten-free ingredients your final product will also not be gluten-free.
Bless her heart y’all… she’s going in for seconds!