This vegan fudge takes only 5 minutes worth of prep time and 5 simple ingredients to make. It tastes just like traditional fudge and it’s also paleo, dairy free, and gluten free! Put this sweet fudge as well as some other “simple ingredients” on your front entryway table to welcome guests in during the holiday season!
It’s definitely holiday time.
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is in the air. One way that I am getting my home ready for the holiday season and holiday guests is by putting together a simple and quick welcoming table spread in my home’s entryway.
When guests arrive, they will see a holiday-decorated table with a tray to set small items like car keys, hints of Fall’s most memorable holiday scents thanks to a few new Glade® products, and a cute little platter full of vegan fudge that your guests will not be able to say no to.
The welcome table is a great way to make your guests feel welcomed and and at home.
My holiday table definitely has a bowl of this vegan fudge laid out on it and there’s a second entry tale with another smaller dish of the vegan fudge in it too!
The only other vegan recipe on this site that is more popular than this vegan fudge recipe is our Vegan Butternut Squash recipe with Kale and Onion Sprouts. It’s incredibly simple and is insanely delicious!
Best Vegan Fudge Recipe:
I set out a holiday treat so that guests can taste some of the best holiday flavors as they walk in as well.
I love putting out this vegan vanilla coconut fudge. It’s easy to pick up and grab with your fingers and doesn’t crumble or need a napkin.
It’s a no-fuss, no-mess, poppable treat.
The fudge is thick and tender, with rich vanilla and coconut flavors.
Vegan Fudge Ingredients:
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- coconut oil
- coconut butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- sprinkle of sea salt, optional
How to make vegan fudge:
For a full detailed instruction list, scroll down to the recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
- Brown the coconut. In a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut flakes and coconut oil. Stirring regularly, cook the flakes until toasted golden brown. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Grind the coconut. Once cooled, place the flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Mix ingredients. Add the ground coconut flakes into a large bowl with all other ingredients, stirring very well.
- Pour into your pan. Pour the fudge in an even flat layer in to the bottom of a small container and refrigerate for 1-3 hours or until hard.
Chill and enjoy. Remove from fridge and cut into 1″ squares.
I actually toasted the coconut before I put it in the food processor and then combined it with vanilla maple syrup, and coconut butter, before putting it in the refrigerator to chill.
Once chilled I cut it into little squares, and put it in a cute little platter or bowl before placing it on my welcome table.
How to store leftover vegan fudge:
After your vegan fudge has come down to room temperature you can place your pieces of fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Can you freeze vegan fudge?
Store your room-temperature vegan fudge in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
The fudge will come out of the freezer very firm, so you may want to thaw the fudge for 10-15 minutes before devouring.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of sea salt, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut flakes and coconut oil. Stirring regularly, cook the flakes until toasted golden brown. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place the flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the ground coconut flakes into a large bowl with all other ingredients, stirring very well.
- Pour the fudge in an even flat layer in to the bottom of a small container and refrigerate for 1-3 hours or until hard.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 1" squares
After refrigerating the fudge, it may be easier to let is sit out for a few minutes before trying to cut it into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g