This sheet pan balsamic parmesan chicken sausage dinner is as easy to prepare as it is warm and savory. Healthy vegetables and gluten free chicken sausages are drizzled in a sweet and garlicky balsamic parmesan sauce then roasted to juicy perfection. The fanciest sausages you'll ever eat are easier than you think to make!
If you're in need of a quick and easy weeknight meal then this dinner idea has you covered.
And this recipe is likely going to make the fanciest looking sausages you've ever made in your kitchen in 30 minutes.
So grab your sheet pan, turn on that oven of yours and let's get down to business.... we've got 30 minutes to make this happen!
First off I would highly recommend using parchment paper to help cut down on your cleanup time. Because the balsamic vinegar tends to stick to my baking sheet when I roast things, I like to help prevent heavy scrubbing and soaking after my meal by using a piece of parchment paper to help collect drippings from touching my baking sheet.
Secondly, cut up your favorite veggies that are in season right now. As I write up this recipe it's currently January so you can see which veggies I keep stocked in my fridge mid-winter.
You better believe that I will still be making this savory dish come summertime but will more likely pair my chicken sausages with corn or asparagus instead of sweet potato.
And let's take a sec to talk about the saucy drizzle! Think about what balsamic vinegar and parmesan taste like together and then add garlic, thyme, and basil.... drooling yet? Drizzle and coat the sweet and savory sauce over your meat and veggies and then let 'er roast.
So simple right?!?
- 4-5 GF chicken sausages
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 375*F. Line a baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper and place the prepared veggies on the sheet in an even layer. Top with the chicken sausages.
- In a small mixing bowl combine all other ingredients and mix well. Drizzle the sauce over the veggies and sausages and use a basting brush to coat evenly.
- Add a sprinkle more of parmesan cheese if desired and place on the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip and stir the baking sheet's ingredients, and bake for another 15 minutes or until the chicken sausages are cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!
If your GF chicken sausages come already cooked, place them in the oven to warm with the vegetables the last few minutes of roasting.
Thanks for stopping in friends!