Happy Memorial Day y’all! What a fun holiday weekend so far! We have been enjoying days of lounging, boating, and catching up on sleep. A much needed long weekend.
With a weekend of fun times, come quick and easy meals so you don’t have to take time away from all the fun. That’s why these spicy taco salad wraps were a part of our weekend plans. If your looking for a simple meal in just minutes, look no further.
I’m keeping this post short and sweet as we are getting ready to get our butts back out on the boat.
Fresh ingredients will make all the difference in the world with these tacos y’all. And making your own taco seasoning is a winner too. It’s tastier, it’s more budget-friendly, it’s all familiar ingredients that are most likely already in your pantry!
GLUTEN-FREE SPICY TACO LETTUCE WRAPS:
Gluten-Free Spicy Taco Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 head of Roman lettuce
- 5 chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup tomato, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lime slices for garnish
- shredded cheese for topping
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the chicken breasts with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and pepper slices and allow to cook until they slightly soften (3-5 minutes).
- Add in the water and taco seasoning and allow the liquids to thicken (3-5 minutes).
- Place the taco mixture into lettuce leaves like a taco shell. Top with tomatoes and cheese and drizzle with lime juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 51g
Leave your feedback