The first meal that the hubster ever made for me when we very first started dating was his spicy stuffed bell pepper recipe. Those peppers were more than amazing and still to this day are one of my favorite recipes of all time. One could say that after that first stuffed bell pepper meal, I knew that this guy was a keeper.
I really wish that BHHY was a scratch and sniff kind of deal (I'll work on that!) because these pictures do not do this dish justice. Oh all the smells and all the tastes!
I decided that I wanted to bring all that is delicious about my man's stuffed bell pepper recipe with me to parties but the peppers were just too hard to transport in the car. So I decided to make my own version of a travel and party-happy recipe and came up with this sizzling gluten-free chopped stuffed pepper salad. It hitches a ride in a large bowl and is easily scooped out in big spoonfuls at parties.
- 4 medium bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound spicy GF ground pork sausage, spicy chicken or turkey sausage works great too!
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon GF creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet until cooked thoroughly. Add the onions and diced bell pepper just before the sausage is fully cooked and allow to cook until the veggies start to soften.
- While the sausage is cooking, in another pot, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Add in the minced garlic, cracked pepper, parsley, creole seasoning, and the cooked rice to the cooked sausage and veggies and cook for 1 minute all together.
- Remove from heat and add the green onion and toss. Top with the cheese and garnish with a bit of extra creole seasoning. Enjoy!