I have a love-hate relationship with this sweet and garlicky pork dish.
I LOVE it because it’s crazy easy to make. It’s so stinking juicy. It’s got that slightly sweet pork vibe going on. It’s got major perks.
I hate it because when I’m clumsy, my clumsiness takes it out on the glorious sweet bell pepper salsa.
My clumsiness decides to drop the salsa all over my kitchen floor….TWICE…. in one day.
Third time’s a charm because as you can see, the sweet bell pepper salsa finally made it’s debut.
Which is good because the topping takes this dish over the top y’all.
Garlic Honey Pork Loin + Sweet Bell Pepper Salsa
- 1.5 TBSP olive oil divided
- 1 pork loin 1.5 - 2 #
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar or brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400*F. Place 1 TBSP olive oil in the bottom of a oven safe baking dish and place the pork loin in the middle of the dish.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, minced garlic, and garlic powder and pour over the pork loin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven to cook (cook according to package instructions).
- In a medium bowl combine the bell pepper, onion, coconut sugar and 1/2 TBSP olive oil together. Set aside.
- Five minutes before taking the pork loin out of the oven place the glazed bell pepper salsa over top the pork and allow to cook all together in the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
So do what I say and not as I do because you are gonna want to have this sweet bell pepper salsa to top off this honey and garlic masterpiece. Try your hardest not to spill the salsa – mmmmk?
When I do have a casualty land on the kitchen floor I always go straight to my Bona products.
We actually had to promise our flooring company that we would NOT use any other products on our new hardwood floors before they would install our flooring.
I had recently purchased Bona’s Hardwood Floor Deep Cleaner but had yet to use it. So what better a time to whip it out and try it than when there is a salsa accident sitting right in front of me?
I grabbed my Bona Microfiber Deep Clean Pad that I use all. the. time (because it’s machine washable and promises to perform 70% better than other cleaners). Together, the cleaning solution and the pad have a deep cleaning action that gets into grooves and creases of the floor which is exactly where the sticky salsa was hiding.
All I can say is that when you drop something uber sticky on your kitchen floor I couldn’t recommend a cleaning combo any more than these two products.
So keep making those delicious salsa toppings but keep your Bona PowerPlus products close at hand.
To help with that I have collaborated with Bona to give y’all a $3-off coupon to use on any PowerPlus products you want!
Thanks for stopping in friends!
I partnered with Bona, a brand I personally recommend to friends and family, for this post. Thank you for continuing to support me, BHHY, and the brands that help make this site possible.