A colorful fall peach salad that is packed full of nutrients and a punch of flavor in every bite. The rosemary maple vinaigrette is slightly sweet and tart and savory. This salad is quick enough to make for a busy weeknight and easy enough to impress guests at a party!
This is by far "THE showstopper" of all showstopper salads on BHHY.
It's got so many beautiful fall colors.
And then there's the fall flavors.
I LOVE peaches in the summer but aren't they terrific in the fall too?
And there's those blackberries.
And I piled on the crisp onion, crunchy almond slices, and straight-outta-the-oven hot bacon crumbles too.
It adds an "Oh my yum!" factor.
Then there's the rosemary maple vinaigrette that compliments the fresh juicy ingredients with a herbal sweetness with the slightest bit of a tangy finish.
You can put this entire salad together in under 5 minutes, vinaigrette included.
The messier the presentation, the prettier of an effect.
Just top ingredients on top of ingredients. It'll look stellar and impress guests even before it hits their mouths!
- 1 bag chopped kale
- 1 peach, sliced thin
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles, or more!
- 1 cup almond pieces
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all the dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- To make the salad, place the chopped kale in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle on all other ingredients and then drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Fall Peach Salad + Rosemary Maple Vinaigrette Tips:
- Any leftover vinaigrette can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. It may solidify under the chilly conditions, so allowing it a few minutes to warm up to room temperature will fix the issue.
- To make this dairy-free and/or paleo, omit any cheese.
- To make vegan, omit any bacon.