A summer slow cooker pot roast slowly simmers a generous beef roast with hearty potatoes and summer's fresh vegetables in a broth swimming with garlic, onion, thyme, and oregano. Keep cool and let your crock pot do all the hard work!
I love making slow cooker meals in my crock pot during the summer months. Forget turning that oven on and heating up the house every night of the week.
A girl shouldn't have to
sweat glisten every time she's in the kitchen cooking you know?
On nights with thunderstorms, whether (ha ha - get it?!?) it's in the middle of a humid muggy summer or a cooler fall night, I always crave comfort foods.
The night that I made this summer pot roast was one of those hot muggy summer nights (ya know, cuz everything after Memorial Day is summer, ermaright?!?).
I love crockpot recipes in the summer.
For one, that slow cooker doesn't heat up your house like your oven does.
And for seconds, the slow cooker gives you more time to do all those fun summer activities and less time stuck in the kitchen.
But let's be honest, this girl loves cooking in the kitchen.
- 2-3 pound beef roast
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup cut carrots (optional, I don't like cooked carrots)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- extra veggies (like peppers, corn on the cob, or sliced squashes) as steamed sides
- green onion, chopped, for garnish
- Line your slow cooker with a crock pot liner. Trust me, clean up is a breeze!
- Place the roast in the middle of the cooker. Add in all other ingredients except for the cornstarch and veggies you want to add as sides.
- Mix well and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the roast is cooked thoroughly. The last 30 minutes of cooking, add in the veggies to the top of the roast, not stirring the veggies in with the rest of the already cooking ingredients.
- Collect the liquids from the cooker and place it in a medium sauce pan. Add in the cornstarch and let simmer until the liquids start to thicken.
- Plate the roast and veggies and drizzle the gravy on top of everything. Enjoy it messy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400
For thirds, you can buy more inexpensive cuts of meat for your roast and it still comes out tender as ever.
And the forth plus... just throw in a few key spices and those summer veggies that are already in your fridge, and you have everything that you need AND know everything that you're putting in that body of yours!
We had potatoes, sweet peppers, yellow squash, and onions in our house, so those veggies accompanied the roast.
This summer slow cooker beef roast also goes well with zucchini, tomatoes, and sugar snap peas too.
So this summer slow cooker pot roast recipe is:
- Satisfies that need for comfort foods
- Is a budget friendly recipe
- Let's YOU control the ingredients
- All of the above (the correct answer is 5)
Thanks for stopping in friends!
If you make my Slow Cooker Pot Roast, let me know in the comments! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
Also- be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #BlessHerHeartYall or tag @BlessHerHeartYall – I love seeing and hearing the delicious things you make!
If you love this Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a mouth-watering post: